VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
Opeltreffen Oscherleben Gemany, May 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Events Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris_Harden
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Opeltreffen Oscherleben Gemany, May 2011 Reply with quote

As most of you all know, I went to Oschersleben this year with the Mk1, (weekend before PVS) 3-6th June 2010.

What an amazing show! Shocked 19,900 cars, 67,400 attendance for it.

Does anyone fancy it for 2011?
The likely show dates are to be 2nd -5th June 2011.Thursday-Sunday.

I arrived on the Wednesday evening and met loads of friendly Opel fans, as was made to feel very welcome.

It's a mix of Billing and PVS.
Billing style camping and club stand displays, also a big party out the back of the motorsport arena. (PVS)

This is how far people come from!
Participants from: Benelux countries, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Poland,
Hungary, Switzerland, Austria, England(Me) , Spain – amongst others.

2010 Review:http://www.opeltreffen-oschersleben.de/englisch/review/2010/index.html

I've already had feedback from the oragnisers about a UK club stand and they will do that for us.

The official date comes out at the end of the year. Bookings HAVE to be in by 1st MARCH or no stand tickets available. 20k cars is rather a lot for the organiser to get through, so that's why is that date.

Checking out ferry/tunnel prices at the mo, Some bargains if you are booking that far in advance.

Eurotunnel £90 return

P&O Ferries £70 return

The dates I put in were depart 1st June 8am ish & return 5th June 8pm ish.

It's 484 miles from Calais (60mph avg 8 hrs drive all motorway/autobahn)
If this clashes with PVS 2011, I would rather go here.

I went on my own this year, however our Rick and a few guys from PNG said they want to come over for the next one. Anyone else up for a trip?

One bit of advice if you fancy going, try and learn some German, I was in the Army back in the 90's so knew a bit of the language.

I only found 1 other natural English speaking person, most was pidgeon english, but enough to get the gist of what was being said. Don't let it put you off though, It's the BEST show i've done EVER!

Photobucket Pic Album: http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/ChrisMk1/Oschersleben%202010

Video of the show:
YouTube Link

Links to check out:

Oschersleben show:http://www.opeltreffen-oschersleben.de/englisch/news/index.html#20091116002512

Eurotunnel:http://www.eurotunnel1.com/direct/booking/fare.asp

P&O Ferries:http://www.poferries.com/tourist/option_inbound.html

Chris

Move over!!! Mk1 Astra Turbo's DO own the road! Now out of my way before you become road kill! big grin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery Visit poster's website
Chris_Harden
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a breakdown of EVERYTHING it cost me to go and come back, Also what you need to take for the trip.

I will go through everything I can think of with a brief explanation, just in case this would be your first eurotrip.

Required Things Needed - CAR.

1) Passport - Not get out the UK without it!
2) Log Book (V5 Document) - Needs to be original, not a copy.
3) Insurance Green Card - Normally free, but check with your car insurance company. Normally up to 90 days cover free. Just need to tell them the dates you will be away.
4) MOT Certificate - Needs to be valid original, not a copy.

Things Needed to be in the Car by LAW.

On the spot fines IF the foreign plod catch you without any/working.

5) Headlight beam benders - for driving in europe, and not dazzling them with UK spec headlights.
6) Spare set of bulbs - Headlight & tail-light ones.
7) Warning Triangle - In case you breakdown - to warn other drivers.
8.) Hi-Viz Reflective Vest/Jacket - France (if you breakdown)
9) Spare Tyre/Can Tyreweld/ Runflat Tyres - Must carry a spare of some sort
10) Country of Origin Sticker (GB sticker) - Needs to be on the back of the car (No. plate GB ones are ok)

I Recommend to have in the car, But not required by law.

11) First Aid Kit - Breakdown/Accident
12) Fire extinguisher - Breakdown/ Car Fire/ Accident
13) Tow rope/ Jump Leads - You never know if you'll need them
14) Oil/Water in 1/2/5ltr containers - whatever you want
15) Tools/Spanners/Fan Belts - Comes in handy if you need to do a roadside repair to get you there/home.

COST FOR THE TRIP

All costs are from the 2010 show and MAY go up slightly for 2011.

1) Car Club Stand Pass - € 15
2) Gate Entry (weekend wristband PER PERSON IN THE CAR) - € 25
3) Ferry/ Eurotunnel ticket (return) - £50-90
4) AA European Breakdown Roadside/Recovery Cover for 1 week
(27yr old Mk1 Astra) - £69 Extra £30 included £500 labour cover to fix IF breakdown/accident occured and needed to recover car back to the UK.
5) EHIC - European Health Card Insurance from the UK Gov - Free.
Register online/Post office for free/reduced costs for medical expenses in europe (Not free like NHS)
6) Travel Insurance for unforseen problems (eg broken leg & can't drive home) - £8 Single trip, 1 week cover
7) Food & Drink - Like PVS/Billing - Burger/ Kebab/ Chip stalls and beer tents available. Can bring own or Supermarket in Oschersleben for local beer.

They normally drink bottles in Germany and find cans a bit odd !

8.) PETROL - £320 for 1600miles of travelling from Rochdale to Oschersleben (50miles from Berlin) and back again.

This INCLUDES the first fill up in Rochdale to get to Dover. 307miles

I used European Motorway services for fueling. The cost was €1.44 per litre (£1.25 per litre) This was when the exchange rate was £1= €1.15
Hopefully the exchange rate will be better in 2011.

£120 of the £320 was done filling up in the UK.

TOTAL COST is around £550 for EVERYTHING.
1 week in Germany with your own car.

Give or take a few quid for what type of Ferry/mpg you get.
I averaged 30mpg with a Mk1 Astra Turbo Housebrick aerodynamics.
The fastest I went was 75/80 for a short burst, no rush to get there on the Wednesday.

AT OSCHERSLEBEN

There is no camping allowed on the Wednesday night inside the show area.
Gates OPEN Thursday Morning 8AM!
There is a layby outside the main entrance.
Quite a few people park/camp there the night before.

Hotels may be available in the area, but I think they will be booked pretty quickly.
The Hotel onsite at the track is fully booked already!

It is possible to set a tent up for the night.
I didn't, I slept in the car for that night, (long day driving, slept like a log!)

At 7am (German time) the road will be FULL of Opels waiting to get in the show grounds. We blocked off the main road for nearly 2hrs trying to get in.
Thats the fun having 4 days of just chilling and talking cars.

SUNDAY RETURN HOME

The Show is all done and dusted by 12pm on the Sunday.
The prize giving/trophies are given out then. Most people have gone by that time, people drift off from 7-11am and there is no great traffic jam to get out and back on the motorway.

Nurburgring Visit 2011:

Rock Am Ring is on at the same time as the show.(3rd-5th June 2011)

I went down on the Sunday night after the show finished. It was the last night of Rock Am Ring and there was NO chance the track would be cleared ready for any Monday running. IMO, The Tuesday would be the first time you would be able to get on the track.

The best option if you want to do the Ring on this trip, would be to go BEFORE going to Oschersleben.
Setting off 2 days before to get track time, then drive to Oschersleben on the Wednesday to meet up.

Any questions or queries, let me know and i'll try and answer them for you.

Chris

Move over!!! Mk1 Astra Turbo's DO own the road! Now out of my way before you become road kill! big grin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery Visit poster's website
matt
<font color=#33CC00>Moderator</font>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very tempted mate. Shall see how funds are next year before my round the world trip smile

Aim Low, Reach Your Goals and Avoid Disappointment
View user's profile Send private message View user's gallery Visit poster's website
Ash
Space Kadett
<font color=#FF8000>Space Kadett</font>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I can make it this time round. Its not far from me imo, about 3 hours. So if I can make it, who ever comes over is more than welcome to pop round for a cuppa.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery MSN Messenger
Chris_Harden
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be cracking to get a few Mk1's over for this one if possible for next year.
Trying to give as much notice as possible, to try and get as many as we can for a big eurotrip.

Just a couple of more videos of the show.

Eventually managed to get them uploaded, Was having a mare with the sound transferring from the mp4 phone setting to avi's, (sounded like in a tunnel).
All sorted now and a happy chap smile

The Saturday evening fireworks display.

YouTube Link

Friends I met while there, from speedfoundation.de :good:

YouTube Link

Chris

Chris_Harden
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The date has now been set fo 2011.
May!!

Listen up, listen and! Date for the world's largest Opel Meet the May 2011

Some of you already scrape (rightly!) With the hooves. Now, the wait to an end as the deadline for the 16th Edition of the world's largest Opel meeting in the Motorsport Arena Oschersleben is set! As the exact date was now the 19th to 22 May 2011 set. So you have more than six months time to make all necessary preparations for the biggest bash of the Opel world. We also put in the first plans, for the Opel-Treffen 2011, this year's meetings continued to beat record time. This is certainly not easy, but we are confident. First details about the program highlights in December 2011, we want to announce at this point. So stay tuned!

Come on, Who's up for a eurotrip!!

Chris

Chris_Harden
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on chaps, Who fancies a cracking Eurotrip for a week!

It would be great to get a few Mk1's over there, also a trip to the ring on the way back.
If you car share, the cost is a little over the £550 for the 2/3 of you to be split 2/3 ways.
Lets make it a big one big grin

Chris

Chris_Harden
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eurotunnel is now booked big grin big grin big grin big grin

Can't wait for this next year big grin

Chris

Chris_Harden
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a map of the show and where abouts the we (The UK stand) will be big grin

Ash, give me a call whenever you pop down mate, you've got my number. Need a stand pass for your Mk1?? laughing big grin

Any more Mk1'ers want to come???

Chris

Chris_Harden
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked at B&B's at the ring.

Nurburgring Hotel has only an 8 man appartment @35 euros per person/per night.

Found another one 4k's away (off Nurburgring.org.uk website) at 30 euros per person/per night.
They have 4 doubles/twin rooms available for the dates we want.

Bar/ Restaruant at both. Plenty of parking at both.

Chris

Chris_Harden
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are now 8 cars confirmed for this cracker. big grin big grin
Just a sneak peak of what to see/do. Shocked

From the Oschersleben 2011 Show preview
http://www.opeltreffen-oschersleben....011/index.html

16th Opel Meet
16th Meet Opel Advance Ticket Sales

Advance Ticket Sales World's biggest car meet wants to up the ante:
Opel meet 2011: the pursuit of new records continues!
By Sabrina Gorges

In May, the wait will be over: For four days, Oschersleben's Motorsport Arena will become Opel City when fans from all over Europe will gather there – for the majority it won't be the first time.
Because our meet has come a long way from a casual meeting of Opel enthusiasts. Over the years, it has turned into a meticulously organised mega event, creating a positive state of emergency in and around Oschersleben every year.
In May, the hunt for new records under the sign of the lightning bolt continues – and you'll be part of it!

The bar is set high...
We don't know about you, but we certainly still get goosebumps when we think about last year's numbers. After days filled with euphoria, partying, fun, stress and uncountable fervent prayers to the weather gods above, we were proud to announce a total number of 67,400 visitors and 19,900 cars – an exhilarating feeling which was hopefully passed on to every single one of you, too.
We're still riding on this great feeling of nothing is impossible and ask ourselves: Can we up the ante once more? We say, sure we can!

Popular Event Highlights
To meet our ambitious goal, we've come up with a programme that leaves nothing to be desired.
As usual, we'll have popular event highlights such as the Show & Shine competition, the 1/8 Mile Sprint, the Public Race or the Drift Challenge.
The latter will again be a Particularly attractive event. Repeat winner Patrick Becker will be competing once more – can anyone beat him at corner drifting this year?
As usual, the parties will take place in two separate marquees – with lots of music and lots of fun guaranteed.

Volker Strycek rocks the house
OPC boss Volker Strycek will show off his musical talent.
On Saturday, May 21, Volker, his Flying V and the legendary Opel band B-Kadett will have the crowd going wild.
You'll get to know a completely different side of this passionate rock musician and ex racing driver. The contestants for the „Miss Opel 2011“ beauty contest will present their best sides at the paddock's main marquee on Friday evening (May 20).
On a side note, the jury members have not been chosen yet.
In other words: The organizers will invite one or two surprise guests to Oschersleben, with guaranteed fun and excitement for all.

Competitions non-stop
Car-related competitions have always been a part of tuning meets.
They have the pleasant side effect of entertaining and exciting the audience.
Underdogs at the 1/8 Mile Sprint are just as much part of it as tires going up in smoke at the Burnout and Donut contests. The participants can win cups – some of the popular trophies have already become true collectors' items.

Buzz and action everywhere – right up to the last corner

The bird's eye view reveals it every year: The Opel meet takes up every corner of the Motorsport Arena. Every piece of lawn – no matter how small – provides temporary room for tents, gazebos or barbecues. All over the grounds, people will be partying, chilling out and showing their good humor and commitment to the Rüsselsheim cult brand.

At a glance
1/8 Mile Sprint with Dutch pros from DHRA
Show & Shine
Public Race
Racing taxi rides in a DTM Astra V8 from Brenner Motorsport
2 Party areas (paddocks and party camp site II)
Miss Opel beauty contest powered by Friedrich Motorsport
Firework display Firework display
B-Kadett feat. Volker Strycek and his Flying V
Burnout and Donut contest
Drift Challenge under floodlights
11th Vintage Opel meet with own camp site (Infield II) and presentation space at the paddocks
Oldtimer Bördelandrally Classic rally
EMMA sound contests
Vendor area with more than 50 popular vendors
Event radio with Live4u Radio on 93.7
Free child care on Friday and Saturday

Don't miss a thing!

In 2011, the Opel community will meet again at their place of worship – The Oschersleben Motorsport Arena! We look forward to welcoming everyone who wants to join us – no matter where they're from, no matter what they drive – as long as it's Opel!

Some important information at the end:

The safety of visitors and helpers is our highest priority.
We will therefore rigorously enforce the “Safety First” campaign as we have done in the past.
With your help, there'll be no drinking and driving! Anyone caught drink driving on the grounds will have to leave the meet. Please take care of yourselves and your friends to ensure that even the last “black sheep” sees reason.

Ideas, questions or suggestions?
Telephone: +49 (0)172 / 7982496

How's you german practice coming along! laughing

Chris

Chris_Harden
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone want their spec sheet converting to German?
I'll be sticking one in the window of the Astra.
Let me know if you want one doing.

Car stand passes should be with me next week hopefully.
Just waiting on Mr Postman. Confused

Chris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Events Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: