VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
Weston park, Festival of transport today.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Events Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bighed
<font color=#33CC00>Moderator</font>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Weston park, Festival of transport today. Reply with quote

First of all a massive THANK YOU to everyone that came today. 5 mk1's on the stand!

Fair play to Mattthechip who came all the way from Ipswich with a round trip time of over 7 hours!!!! Hat off to you mate.

It was a very impressive turnout overall considering the damp weather we had today.

It was nice seeing some of the usual faces and meeting some new ones.

I must apologise for my lack of involvement but keeping a 3 year old entertained is no easy feat especially one thats been up since 5am.

The welsh massive: Always a pleasure boys, lloyds estate is looking sweeeeeeeet.

s40deg: cars in top shape matey. Loving the rims.

Jem: first time meet but loving the car and the colour. Will be sorted once trims are back and on. Nice meeting you both (if only shortly)

Mattthechip: again, cars looking spot on. Engine is spotless, and I really cant see why your bothered about the paint. Looked ok to me and like you say, its nearly a 30 year old car.

To those that didnt make it, there is always next year!!

few pics to follow

mitch1965
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So gutted i missed all this, but after getting home from work last night, i spent the remaining evening in the toilet, chunking up. frown I was in no shape to move from the house this morning.

Pics please & lots of them?? Cool

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only got pics of our bunch Mitch. Yeah was a shame you never made it. Was a massive one again this year as others will tell you when they get on.

EDIT. Just read this post and laughed my head off as it said was a massive one then the first pic is of mansolo on his lonesome in a field.
as you can probably tell we were on the very outer of the show area.

Doesn't look like I got a pic of Jems engine so if anyone could pop one up please

mitch1965
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics & yes hats of to matthechip for doing such a long haul.. All the cars are looking great, first time i have seen Jems since it was finished. Cool Who's is the Estate? Confused
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its lloyd's nelly
MK1minx
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got home after a three hour drive. Had a great day, sorry if anyone got offended by my choice of topics laughing
Nelly performed like a dream all the way there and back, not bad for a 1300 with three lads and boot full of supplies!
Mitch - Not surprised didn't recognise the estate with this being it's first show.
Matt - congratulations on your first successful outing in your car and stop bitching about the paint job, nowt wrong with it!
Jem - Yellow is sweeeeet, stop doubting it. It is a Jem!
Andy - Didn't catch your lads name but nice to meet him, I didn't realise you got kids that weren't annoying! BIG thanks for my present I'm soooo chuffed with it big grin

Small things amuse small minds!

Scotti - sorry you couldn't make it, tried to bell you but only got your old no. coz I deleted the new one whoops.
Jon - Biggest thanks for all your hard work with the signs, write up, etc, etc. Car looks great and my wife and I are chuffed with what you done with our old car. I guess we were just looking after Sharona until you came along. have a pic x

I must have been the only person who took more pictures of a dog than of cars at the show but I rely on Dyl for the car pics.

Chuffed is obviously the word of the day, never laughed so much in my life. Next step is to get us all CAMPING at Billing so we can get pissed and dress up as nurses (Doctor's for Jem and Jess) or midgets!

Tomorrow I'm back in the garage to crack on with the Minx, need it finished so I can put my new badge on big grin

bighed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jem
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great day even though I was freezing and had soaking feet all day. Nice to meet you all and nice to see your astras they are all spot on love em!! Well done Matt ur cars looking sweet given me a few ideas n glad u got home safe u looked very tired by the time we said godbye, not suprising seems how you set off at 4.30am u little trooper!!! You were all very welcoming and can't wait for the next time we meet! If ur dressed as nurses I'm defo bringing a camera laughing
Jem
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some but very the same as above lol so here are some

matthechip
Astra Addict
Astra Addict

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank everyone who welcomed me into the mk1oc community, it was a great day allthough be it a cold one!! I haven't laughed so much for ages.
My car was spot on all day, didn't miss a beat, really chuffed big grin
I am also looking forward to meeting many more of you in the future.

When's the next one?? big grin

[img][IMG]http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac89/matthechip/P1020121.jpg[/IMG][/img]
matthechip
Astra Addict
Astra Addict

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img][/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Events Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: