VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
Billing Aquadrome compensation for cancellation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Events Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris_Harden
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Billing Aquadrome compensation for cancellation Reply with quote

Here is a facebook link to Billing Aquadrome regarding the cancellation of the event this weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/BillingAquadrome

Quote:
Billing Aquadrome would like to share their sincere disappointment that the poor weather resulted in the cancellation of last weekend’s VBOA event. The difficult decision to cancel the event was decided by the event organisers not Billing Aquadrome.

To try to make the most of the weekend staff at Billing Aquadrome held a smaller version of the event on the Sunday of which many of you attended intent on not letting the bad weather dampen your spirits!

As a gesture of goodwill Billing Aquadrome are happy to offer all club members half price camping during the weekend 8th & 9th September. Please call our Bookings Line on 01524 781453 to make a reservation.

HOWEVER

Some of the other clubs have been calling and getting a 12 month credit note for the cancellation of their booking for the camping.

Call the above number and give them your ADVANCED Booking Ref.
And say you'd like a credit note so you can book for next year for Free.

I'm not claiming as I was there all weekend, and despite the weather had a good time with the other Mk1oc campers.

Chris

Move over!!! Mk1 Astra Turbo's DO own the road! Now out of my way before you become road kill! big grin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery Visit poster's website
mitch1965
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodwill gesture? thats the weekend after kids go back to school & i bet you could get that anyway.. laughing laughing I shall be claiming my credit note, but i will be on persuit of other,,, Confused
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, I think the whole thing can just be put down to "force majeure".

I know this is of no consolation to those who worked their butts off to get cars ready for the weekend but it's no-ones fault.

Seeing that Manta up to it's floor pans just made me think I'm glad Gilfy wasn't ready!

And this is why, my GTE restoration thread: http://www.mk1oc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16119
mitch1965
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True enough Phil, but with our booking fee will be insurance included & billing will have liability insurance. I have one tent wrecked possibly the second one will be when i manage to access it. Flood water, is a major factor & i have to spend gawd knows what amount of time to clean everything up from my luggage bag to sleeping bags etc. I am not blaming billing or anyone else, but that's what insurances are there for.
Astra Messiah
Astra Messiah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i can't really justify compensation, i deffo got my moneys worth pissing up that tree for two nights laughing
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be no re-scheduling of the event for 2012.

Quote:
18 July 2012
Billing News
Ian Coomber, VBOA Chairman
Many people have asked us if we can run "Billing" again this year. We have asked Billing for available dates and having looked at these and in consideration of the considerable work required of John Ankerman to produce a show and Billing to repair the site, we have agreed that we will not try a rerun this year. The next show has been provisionally booked for the weekend of July 13th/14th 2013.

Chris

Move over!!! Mk1 Astra Turbo's DO own the road! Now out of my way before you become road kill! big grin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery Visit poster's website
mitch1965
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roll on Billing 2013!! big grin big grin
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be nice to think the Gifford would make this one.

And this is why, my GTE restoration thread: http://www.mk1oc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16119
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Events Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: