VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
Citroen dealership advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Non-Astra Related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
basic
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Citroen dealership advice Reply with quote

I took my wifes car (C2) to ATS because the exhaust has a rattle noise at a certain RPM. ATS very helpful put car on ramp visual inspection with the car running, fault re-created but no fault found with exhaust, may be cat etc - no charge.

Took car to dealer as I haven't got time or inclination to look at car myself. After having it for an hour came out and said they couldn't re-create or find fault. However I needed discs, brakes, tyres, oil blah blah.

Offered to demonstrate problem, tech came out with me, before even driving off forecourt demonstrated noise easily enough as all you need to do is rev car around 2K. They took car back in I agreed to let them top up oil for £10.

They came back out sorry can't find fault, generally focused on the other faults they found. Whist they were doing bill the gave my car a courtesy clean. cool

Anyway when it came to it they wanted £105 for their hard work, that equates to 1.5hr labour. I felt quite angry because my feeling is that there has been little effort to understand let alone troubleshoot the issue.

What do you think? Am I too cynical or do I have grounds to be pi**ed? I did make a point that although it was nice that they checked my car over, I didn't really ask for this to which they pointed out that this was part of their service and not chargeable. So they spent 1.5hrs solidly on my exhaust?? Reasonably what should I expect a dealer to achieve during this time? Any advice appreciated!

Andy
Ash
Space Kadett
<font color=#FF8000>Space Kadett</font>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask them to give you the keys and drive away. If they want to take you to court for the money. Let them. I'm sure nobody will argue that what they are asking is out of order.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Non-Astra Related All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: