VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
Looking for CRY682Y Mk1 SR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> General Astra Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenyearsafter
Astra Newbie
Astra Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Looking for CRY682Y Mk1 SR Reply with quote

I'm trying to trace my first car CRY682Y. It's a mark 1 Astra SR 1.6 in china blue. I had it from 1988 to (I think) some time in 91. According to DVLA it's SORN and the MOT only ran out in April 14 so I hope it may still exist. One thing I did notice was on DVLA it now shows it as a 1998cc so I wonder if there was an engine swap somewhere along the way?

I'm not looking to buy it back, just wanted to hear it was still alive & maybe get to see it or at least some photos. I have a few shots of it from back in the day & can share some stories including when it got wrapped around a gate post.

Any clues as to it's whereabouts would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Martin
jamin
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I bought it.....I did have a china blue 1.6sr plated cry ***y but cant remember the numbers.

I sold it to a guy on here by the name of Dan.b in 2010 who restored it to far beyond its former glory. However he has since deleted all photos of it so I can confirm the plate....try PM'ing him

Good luck hunting!
Tenyearsafter
Astra Newbie
Astra Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, I will try and track him down. Do you remember if the car you owned has an aftermarket sun roof? Mine did.
Tenyearsafter
Astra Newbie
Astra Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tracked down Dan, it is my old car & he still has it! He has s stack of pictures to document what has turned out to be a great rebuild. Spent last night looking through them

Cheers Jamin, made my day.

How long did you own it for? Would be interested in hearing about its time with you.

Martin
Jon_Kadett
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the one that's now dark blue?
Tenyearsafter
Astra Newbie
Astra Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep that's the one, unless there are 2 that have gone dark blue.
jamin
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin

I only owned it for a few months in 2010. I bought it off a guy somewhere near santa pod and transported it to Essex. Got it running then lost the storage space so it had to go. Sold it to Dan who had big plans for it and got on and did it (unlike most!).

The person i bought it off had it for years and it was stored in his dads garage who wanted shot of it. It was posted on here for sale so it may come up in a search. I think he listed it for sale in '09 and '10

Hope that helps. From what I can recall Dan has done an excellent job (although I would have kept it China, but each to their own!)
Jonboo
Astra Newbie
Astra Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the guy who had it in his Dad's garage. I'd be curious to see the pictures of it now it's all restored. I'd also be curious to know what happened to the issue with the suspension joints where they bolted to the floor. That was the ongoing issue that kept it off the road and how it ended up in my Dad's garage in the early 1990's. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> General Astra Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: