VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
StuBee - NewBee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> General Astra Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StuBee
Astra Dabbler
Astra Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: StuBee - NewBee Reply with quote

Afternoon guys,

I saw your stand at PVS and i've browsed your pages but never registered, and may i first apologise for forgetting you guys when I took my Mk1 down to Pod and didn't show it on your stand.

I took two cars down to Pod and it was more convenient for me at the time to just get car passes for one stand so that's what i did. I think a couple of you probably noticed my baby on the 'Vectra-Sport' stand, I'm very proud but she still needs a little more care and attention to a few parts and areas. Even though the colour isn't to everyones taste i think mine is a fine example of a Mk1 for its age. I bought it just a few months ago for a mere £190 big grin I've always wanted a 1.3S and i couldn't refuse this once i'd found it.

It was great to see a stand dedicated to the Mk1 as it seems to be becoming a true rare classic, and if truth be told i'd bet i'll see more Chevettes and Vivas than i would our super Mk1's!

diblypvs.jpg
 Description:
Dibly - My Mk1.
 Filesize:  74.56 KB
 Viewed:  3747 Time(s)

diblypvs.jpg

View user's profile Send private message View user's gallery Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Delmastiff
Astra Messiah
Astra Messiah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stu

I saw that car being driven at POD and I asked the guy driving it if he'd like to join the club but he said it was his mates car. I'm sure it was the one in the pic?

Anyway, welcome along matey and I hope you enjoy your stay. You are in the right place for everything MK1.

Are you going to come back to POD with us next month for Retro Cars show?
It would be great if you could.

Lee

Astra Dabbler
Astra Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be that one you saw, i had a mate drive it down so i could drive the Vectra down.

Not sure that I'll make it to Retro cars but i will be at VBOA @ Billing smile

Hopefully I'll have more success buying some Mk1 parts down there than i did at Pod, i wasn't impressed with the trade area this year it seemed to lack .... erm .... a few traders laughing but hey ho. I only managed to spend £2 on an old owners workshop manual.
View user's profile Send private message View user's gallery Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
hot-hatch
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello mate, welcome to the forum, they will be plenty of bits for sale on here mate, you are the 3rd new bie today mate, it keeps getting bigger and bigger every week thats what wee like to c tho gary
Mark1GTE
wee mark
<font color=#FF8000>wee mark</font>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome m8 i saw your car at pod and i also passed it on the way home on the m6 the driver off it had a good stare at my vectra taxi on the way past as i was racing a vxlscc silver omega at the time i think we passed you at just over the ton lol was fun we hammer and tonged it from the m6 toll road all the way to manchester it passed the time lol 3 hrs from santa pod to carlisle aint bad going for a vec diesel p.s nice car aswell m8 it looks tidy. smile
StuBee
Astra Dabbler
Astra Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V33TRA wrote:
welcome m8 i saw your car at pod and i also passed it on the way home on the m6 the driver off it had a good stare at my vectra taxi on the way past as i was racing a vxlscc silver omega at the time i think we passed you at just over the ton lol was fun we hammer and tonged it from the m6 toll road all the way to manchester it passed the time lol 3 hrs from santa pod to carlisle aint bad going for a vec diesel p.s nice car aswell m8 it looks tidy. smile

laughing Cheers matey, well i ended up playing with a number of astras and other motors on the way home including 2ltr Astra sport which apparently saw me in my Vectra topping 130mph (Off road detour ofcourse Liar ) Shocked eek Now i wasnt convinced because my speedo read about 128 but according to my Astra's speedo and the 2ltr Sports speedo my Vectra reads about 5mph slow Confused never mind, then had to slow right back down and wait for my lowly 1.3S to catch back up Razz

Ahh well, good weekend and thanks for the welcomes again you guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> General Astra Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: