VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
Somebody reversed into my car!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> General Astra Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tricky
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Somebody reversed into my car! Reply with quote

Was working round at his place using his garage to do his mate's Clio. He jumps in his car and since he's getting pissed off with his mate being in his way (his car's normally garaged) I'm trying to cheer him up by telling him how nice his car is.

"Loving the stitching on those seats, bro!" (it's got the baseball stitching on the seats)
"Just one of them things, bro."

I sit down on the lawn and try not to piss myself as he reverses with the roof down (no blind spots people!) towards a BRIGHT RED GTE and fails to see it. I'm the only one who hears the crunch since they're all out back prodding driveshafts, so to save his embarrassment I run over and say don't worry about it for now and shake his hand, he says OK, points to my car and says "I'll sort that out for you."

One hour later he returns with the red paint mark T-cutted off the back of his gaylord mobile and says that daddy's an insurance bigwig and he knows a thing or two about insurance and because I shook his hand and said "pretend it never happened", he's not liable. I'm standing there in disbelief. Know how much I asked for? Twenty quid for paint and materials.

"You winding me up? What's twenty quid to someone with a car like that?"
"What do you think gets you a car like that in the first place? Watching those twenty quids."

In a world of decency where handshakes mean something of course he's correct, but it's a bit hard to take coming from somebody who clearly has no idea what common decency is. I'm left with a damaged indicator, bumper, front wing and wheel arch. Naturally I'm going to sue the c$*t.

The owner of the TT fagtop is registered on CruisinUK's forums actually, masquerading as a car enthusiast, and is currently giving me sh$t.

HERE

Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That shooot luck.....bit mine today

while in work my cover came off car in wind and my ecu was on top of engine with no bonnet on and it pissed down............. mad Crying or Very sad

opel_kadett_5_door_gte
Astra Addict
Astra Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

know how he feels
Astra Dabbler
Astra Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just took a peek at that forum trev - all i can say is...well ....things are a bit more down to earth here on mk1oc, i know which corner of the playground im staying in. monkey spankers. smile
Jason
Rallyslag
<font color=#FF8000>Rallyslag</font>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked eek
View user's profile Send private message View user's gallery Visit poster's website
Jon_Kadett
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paint his "lovely" interior with some nice quick drying paint, he'll cry when he finds out that the cars interior isnt covered by insurence!
opel_kadett_5_door_gte
Astra Addict
Astra Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now didnt i warn you there was a mk1 haters club out there!
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just leave it at the fact that he drives an Audi TT... waste of money in itself. He also hangs out with a guy who drives a Clio, hell he might as well wear nothing but a pink tutu and bend over for anything with a dick saying 'Ooh sir, please be rough'
Jason
Rallyslag
<font color=#FF8000>Rallyslag</font>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT wrote:
Just leave it at the fact that he drives an Audi TT... waste of money in itself. He also hangs out with a guy who drives a Clio, hell he might as well wear nothing but a pink tutu and bend over for anything with a dick saying 'Ooh sir, please be rough'

lol...it very rare that I LOL properly as well, and I did then.
View user's profile Send private message View user's gallery Visit poster's website
Tricky
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT wrote:

ROFL

Astra Dabbler
Astra Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

I can't get to the link otherwise i'd take great pleasure slaundering the slack arsed limp wristed pork sword swallower mad

Unlucky mate.

Stu

Tricky
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I appreciate the sentiment Stu - the slander is after all what it's all about really, innit? hehehe

The thread got moved to the moderator's forum, which is basically inaccessible for normal users like us, well you guys, and the likes of me smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> General Astra Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: