VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
Astra import?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> General Astra Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lambo
3rd time lucky
<font color=#FF8000>3rd time lucky</font>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Astra import? Reply with quote

I did an HPI report on my gte to find out a bit more info about it . The part that puzzles me is - My reg is A842 SKH but the hpi says Registered and imported 15/02/1985 which means it cant be an A reg can it? Its had no plate changes either. Does anyone know what this means or had the same sort of thing? eek
Mark1GTE
wee mark
<font color=#FF8000>wee mark</font>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it must mean it was imported on that date but it was declared new at an earlier date which they must have supplied when importing it so it was given an age related plate.is it a vauxhall if so i find this very strange.
Lambo
3rd time lucky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye it my black astra gte . Ive got log books for 3 gte's and HPI reports but this is the only one that dosent make sense . Shocked
BenW
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could have been exported then re-imported shortly afterwards, perhaps by someone serving in the forces?

Mine (a RHD Kadett) was supplied new to an RAF officer during a stint in Germany, by a local dealer (hence being an Opel). Evidently he brought it back to the UK in 1987, where of course it was registered as an import.

Perhaps yours is a similar situation, except they took it with them originally...it can't be uncommon for people to move abroad then realise there's no place like home smile

Skoda Octavia vRS
Opel Kadett GTE
Lambo
3rd time lucky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a good explination for it. Does yours have the same date the car was imported as the vehicle registration date? My old kadett Was GOR 157X which was imported but had an earlier first registered date than the imported date which is what confused me . ( im confusing me again now ) laughing .
BenW
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm confused too big grin

Mine was first registered (here) on the day it was imported, yep. The V5 just says 'previously used overseas' or something like that. I don't know when it was first registered in Germany as it just says 'declared maufactured 1984'.

Skoda Octavia vRS
Opel Kadett GTE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> General Astra Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: