VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
Total Vauxhall Track Day - Fri 12th Aug Elvington, York

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> General Astra Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dougie_SRi
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Total Vauxhall Track Day - Fri 12th Aug Elvington, York Reply with quote

There you go guys, spoke to Lee earlier. I'd love to see a couple of mk1's on the track. I'm running my SRi130 so I hope it behaves.

Total Vauxhall Track Day @ Elvington (York) Friday August 12

Total Vauxhall magazine is planning a Track Day which is expected to take place at Elvington Airfield (near York) on Friday August 12. The venue is provisionally booked and will be fully confirmed as soon as attendance levels have been gauged. Other than forwarding participant details to Javelin Trackdays (who are hosting the event on our behalf) Total Vauxhall’s involvement is minimal.

Health and safety, insurance and revenue issues are complex for such an event, which is why we’ve approached the experts Javelin Trackdays to conduct all the necessary proceedings on our behalf. What the two parties (Javelin Trackdays and Total Vauxhall) have agreed upon so far, is this:

Venue: Elvington

Date: 12/8/05

Format: Open pit lane (not timed sessions)

Capacity: max 40 cars (at least 18 of which can be on the circuit simultaneously), 09.30 brief, on track at 10.00, half hour lunch break, track closes 16.30

Cost: £95.00 for 1 car and driver (additional driver/passengers £10)

Cars: Must be Vauxhalls (obviously), no scrutineering as such, but any car considered by the organisers to be in poor mechanical condition, and therefore representing a danger to other participants, may be refused admission, without refund.

Attitude: No regulations will be imposed on having fun, but safety must be a priority, go as fast as you like and hang the arse out if you want to, but only where and when it’s safe to do so, flag codes and overtaking rules apply, and will be explained during morning briefing at the venue.

Reg’s Regulations are thus: 105 db (static) noise limit for all cars, full driving license must be presented, seatbelts, helmets and long sleeves & trousers must be worn on track

If you can blag the day off work and you’re up for all of that, you need to get your name down ASAP. Demand is expected to be high and so places will be granted on a ‘first come first served’ (model depending) basis. We have to be a bit selective, so as not to end up with 32 Corsas, 7 Novas and an Astra. Ideally, of the 40 cars permitted, we’d like to see some of each of all the models covered in Total Vauxhall magazine.

More information concerning this event or to register your interest in participating visit www.javelintrackdays.co.uk and click on the 12th August . Complete the online application form. Alternatively telephone 01469 560574 (9am to 8pm only please) with car/driver details.
A request for the £95 entry fee (cheque or Credit Card) will be sent to you once your entry has been accepted.
Please DO NOT phone the TOTAL VAUXHALL office.
matt
<font color=#33CC00>Moderator</font>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is any one up for this???

Aim Low, Reach Your Goals and Avoid Disappointment
View user's profile Send private message View user's gallery Visit poster's website
G1C
Astra Addict
Astra Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will come for a drive up as it's only 45 mins away astra should be done but won't be running it as the whole car will need running in for a good few miles before i start giving it some hammer.
Jason
Rallyslag
<font color=#FF8000>Rallyslag</font>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm in Lee.....

Might just about have it ready for then as well....laughing

Jason
Rallyslag
<font color=#FF8000>Rallyslag</font>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the money just yet but I should have it before it fills up....I hope!!!
Glenn xe
Astra Dabbler
Astra Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my have applied for a place in his 2ltr nova. Fingers crossed!!! big grin
Rob Adams
<font color=#FF8000>Full Member</font>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i so wish i could go but have commitments on fridays frown cmon a few mk1s going would be great for advertising the club
Dougie_SRi
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be fine for getting a place.

It's not been posted on a lot of forums yet, it's only on some thus far and of course the Javelin website.

I have a 5hitload of work to do on the Cav before it's trackworthy too.
GTE Newbie
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Total Vauxhall Track Day - Fri 12th Aug Elvington, York Reply with quote

Dougie_SRi wrote:
any car considered by the organisers to be in poor mechanical condition, and therefore representing a danger to other participants, may be refused admission, without refund.

Rules me out then laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> General Astra Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: