VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
Wanted In Germany or UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Cars For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scotia
Astra Newbie
Astra Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Wanted In Germany or UK Reply with quote

Hi guys im desperatley seeking another Mk1 gte,Im currently living in Germany and thought there would be a few for sale but its like trying to find hens teeth,firstly i dont know of any opel clubs here in Germany,and second its rare to see a pre 90's car for sale here,something to do with the price of insurance due to the lack of catalytic convs on pre 90's cars.Anyway I will still be looking but if I have to Ill be coming back to the uk to buy one and drive back to Germany with it.Not looking for anything super mint as I know it'll be expensive so maybe around 1000 quid mark needing some work would be ideal.so any info on where to find one over here or info on cars for sale over there would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again

Scotia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery MSN Messenger
Ash
Space Kadett
<font color=#FF8000>Space Kadett</font>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do, I'm in a similar position to you. I live and work in Germany but come from Lancaster in the UK.

Kadett GTE's are rare as fook tbh mate, I was very lucky when I got mine as the bloke selling it was up north, a bit of a nugget, and it needs a fair amout of work to get it back on the road. Got it for €516 of ebay.de. The German version of the DVLA only knows of 349 still on its books and that was in 2004 so I imagine the tin worm and spirited driving have reduced that number.

If you go over to the www.kadett-forum.de and introduce yourself in the Kadett D area then you will get a good response. They speak good enough english too and wont fob you off. Two of the best Kadett owners in Germany use this site. gteschmiede and champagner D.

Your in the best country for parts btw. The UK can be cheaper sometimes but all the rare and hard to get stuff is over here and available through your nearest opel dealer.

If you vistit them and they still have a mircofiche then find the part numbers and then stick them through there national parts database. One good example of german efficiency laughing

Try on the kadett forum for insurance as they will deffinately know. Use this website if you German needs a helping hand, http://babelfish.altavista.com/ you can do words or whole web pages if you want to.

What bit of Germany do you live in? I'm in Herford, NRW.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Cars For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: