VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
My 1.6 Black SR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Projects & Restorations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuneatonmk1less
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: My 1.6 Black SR Reply with quote

Well after buying the car in August 2006 and storing it in my mothers garage (while being charged excesive rent) I've finally managed to get my own garage clear for the project to begin. This is how it was when I bought it with 12 months MOT on.

As you can see the car isn't in that bad nick but has seen better days, I managed to get it on ramps and see that underneath was solid and the only welding needed doing was the rear valance and rear passenger sill.

In the time that the car was just sat in the garage I thought about whether to keep her standard or put in a XE or LET in. I've finally decided to keep it as standard as I can, just adding little extras to get her looking nice. I'm stuck between respraying her black, silver or a royal blue but still keeeping the SR looks of vinyl around the lower half of the car. Just need to find out where I can get the vinyl from.

Side.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.88 KB
 Viewed:  7261 Time(s)

Side.jpg

Front.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.24 KB

Front.jpg

Back.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.79 KB

Back.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery MSN Messenger
nuneatonmk1less
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engine needs some work and the interior is planned to be recovered in leather.

Front Seats.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  22.23 KB
 Viewed:  7260 Time(s)

Front Seats.jpg

Engine.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.3 KB
 Viewed:  7260 Time(s)

Engine.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery MSN Messenger
nuneatonmk1less
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got her home last night. Was great seeing her on the road again even vthough she was being towed. First thing to do is too remove that MIG sticker in the back window.

first thing to go.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.93 KB
 Viewed:  7244 Time(s)

first thing to go.JPG

on way home.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  35.72 KB
 Viewed:  7244 Time(s)

on way home.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Projects & Restorations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: