VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
New beginnings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Projects & Restorations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justEdnow
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: New beginnings Reply with quote

Well plunged my self feet 1st in to the mk1 ownership again and got me a Astra SR from Warphil's collection ( big grin Legend).

Her paint work is shabby which is pity as its a tidy colour in good condition. But thats bugger all as its to be changed anyway....... laughing .

I got a combination of xmas and birthdays over next 2 months, so thats 2k in DSLR camera, accessories and fabrics and arts equipement for parents. Big chunk in funds gone already then. So the time will be spent hopeing santa brings blank cheque this year and trying to sort out a blue print for what I want to do. Oh yeah there's a family golf thing to next march/April.

With that in mind 3 months before start date, leaves me with 2 options 1, bodywork this year and possibly do a show towards end of season and or NEC. Or 2, do everything while off road keeping it for 2009.

Anyhow couple of pics

Under dans supervision

Night pics at its new home
lurking next to the old work horse Cav V6

UUUUURRRGGGHHH n**a wheels

Didnt like the 17's it had so didnt by them. Let phil move them on to make few pennies for himself.

Last you'll see of this plate

So here you say what you gonna do now you wanker. Well some options below as far as wheels and colour

17's or 18's

Colours Vaux Apache Orange liked it for years, ignore the crapibra its on, makes it easier on the eye........ laughing

Or a Black with Titanium flip, not a good pic only one I can find.

Both would have black/anthracite detailing around windows, bumpers etc.

1 off grille, golf style using Irmy quads. little like this pic, but with clears

Because possible engine plans, i.e turbo, I fancy doing something like Jetta/Golf big bumpers to hide an intercooler, as I unsure now of cooler sticking out.
Here's a crap pic need to find a better one though

Engine engine engine well still shrugging. down to 3 idea's I think, bearing in mind not after drag strip power.

1. 8v turbo
2. standard Z20LET
3. Compound/dual charge a 2.0 8v, I fancy this from engineering point of view and currently at point of working out a way of using VW magnet clutch for supercharger and an ECU that will run different car makes sensors as one engine set up. Hard work but think it be cool to stare at ... big grin

Other bits are normal bushes, suspension and brakes business. Like to find setup like Antb's 4x4 so I could put 310mm fronts and 290/300mm rears like a porsche....... big grin laughing

Interior keeping to myself as gonna look into something different dash wise and a good music install, sound wise not loud wise.

Reckon your bored, asleep or pissed that you wasted your time reading all this to find f#@k all has happened to a mk1 yet........ laughing laughing ....but its a list of a couple thoughts that I have in mind a slight insight why I wont be starting for a couple months as I will be thinking and study my way to finished article.

Feel free to pm and tell me you wasted an age reading, but dont be surprised if I just laugh back at you....... laughing laughing laughing laughing being evil being evil laughing laughing laughing laughing being evil being evil laughing laughing laughing laughing being evil being evil laughing laughing laughing laughing being evil being evil laughing laughing laughing laughing being evil being evil laughing laughing laughing laughing being evil being evil laughing laughing laughing laughing being evil being evil laughing laughing laughing laughing being evil being evil laughing laughing laughing laughing being evil being evil laughing laughing laughing laughing being evil being evil laughing laughing laughing laughing being evil being evil laughing laughing laughing laughing being evil being evil laughing laughing laughing laughing being evil being evil laughing laughing laughing laughing being evil being evil laughing laughing laughing laughing being evil being evil laughing laughing laughing laughing being evil being evil

justEdnow
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The parts have started to come, wings, arches, sill, floor pans, rear corners, wishbones plus smaller items as track rod ends etc etc. Door skin came with car.

Things to start chasing are drivers sill, inner sill and inner wing panels and then can sit down with a painter and tell him what I want done..... big grin

justEdnow
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reet having been stuck on a toilet for the last 2 days I felt a bit more free to do something so pottered on with taking car apart for an hour in the sun.

Floor pans and lower bulkhead looking very good. Really happy as I thought Phil had mention something about floor pan and have been worrying about what I would find.... big grin

The old sponge bit as usual very wet, but only the floor pan bits, Bulkhead bit bone dry.so hopeing thats just from driving in rain which I was doing while Cav was out of commision while back, 3 of the bungs on floor are missing to.

Tagging dash wires and removing bits of dash, nice straight dash for me to sell on.

Pic of RS seats in bits, nice easy mod for these to fit. Dam comfy to.

If its nice tomorrow will spend day on her and really get stuck in.

justEdnow
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little progress report, well whats been done over the last month or 2. Mainly stripping.....:blushing:

1st thing 1st the interior out lok at the pans and bulkhead.

Excellent no holes that's not meant to be there.

Good start I thought.

Although closer looking brought about evidence of drivers side crashing. Not so good.

see a slight crease in bootom right of this pic

And some funny MOT repair work/rusty hiding, see my foot through hole....:lol

That hole was hidden by this........:baha....some dodgy MOT operators in some places in UK.

Move on to front end, out with Loom fed back in to car and removed stuff.

Both inner wings are nice and solid, drivers side much better bit more evidence that that has had some paint work.

Most pics I took today and did an hour more and took some more unwanted metal of.

Now looks more like this

As you can see the bulkhead is solid as a rock to.

These little monkeys got in way of more work today,

I said an hour above but most of the hour was taken up tiring them out, unfortunate backlash of that is I was knackered to.....:baha:lol

justEdnow
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its 4 months since I looked at it and considering I had a few things laying which I got of Stu, I had an urge to something today and spent a hour or 2 this evening cleaning up some mess and pottered with a dash.

Trial fit to check it was not to wide.

Fine, doors close and its workable.

So a few chops later and some plastic ripped off with bare hands and bobs your uncle and your mothers brother.

Not finished obvisouly just need to do a few fine tuning chops and repair the odd over exuberating chopping action....... Embarassed and to look at mounting proper to.

Its a start again........ big grin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Projects & Restorations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: