VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
Rolling Resto the story of the SpaceKadett + RACE PREP VIDEO
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> General Astra Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceKadett
Astra Addict
Astra Addict

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Rolling Resto the story of the SpaceKadett + RACE PREP VIDEO Reply with quote

Video of the work done during this thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I78EwmA2wBY&feature=youtu.be

Woo Hoo. Drove car (on private property) powered by four cylinders again for first time in nearly five years. It had a blown head gasket which I removed one evening last week. I stuck in a new one today. It will be interesting to see if it lasts. Its a big port 1300 head on a 90's 1400 ohc block Can't afford to get it skimmed at the minute so fingers crossed. Being able to move the car might give me the impetus to weld in the sills and finish off the body work. Then I can look for a new stove for the engine bay.

I found these pics on a back up drive from when I started restoring the SpaceKadett back in 2007. The only thing I'd done is replace the bonnet. The original had rusted through!

You can see the holes in the sills

Removing the sound deadening to see if there was a floor

Last edited by SpaceKadett on Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:11 pm; edited 14 times in total
View user's profile Send private message View user's gallery Visit poster's website
Tricky
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thumleft
Astra Addict
Astra Addict

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting the car running did give me the impetus to do the sills. Here's the pics. Now sills are done its shown up how bad the doors are. Will have to look after them next.

Eck
Astra Veteran
Astra Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original colour is the same as my SR. Very Happy
SpaceKadett
Astra Addict
Astra Addict

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eck wrote:

Was it like this.

Thats what the car was like when I first got it in November 2001. That means I've had it 8 years. By the time I took the photo I'd already put GTE seats, round headlights and the 13" alloys on. She was 1.2 then. She's mostly had 1.4's since.

mitch1965
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceKadett wrote:
Eck wrote:

Was it like this.

Thats what the car was like when I first got it in November 2001. That means I've had it 8 years. By the time I took the photo I'd already put GTE seats, round headlights and the 13" alloys on. She was 1.2 then. She's mostly had 1.4's since.

Cool reg plate,, number of the beat + MiB?? Very Happy Very Happy

Astra Addict
Astra Addict

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch wrote:

Cool reg plate,, number of the beat + MiB?? Very Happy Very Happy

It's not quite as it seems. I wish it was six six six man in black. I'm a little cautious about putting my real reg online. So I doctor my pics slightly. It's very close to this though. It's an old southern Irish plate. I wish I could get some of the old plastic block letters to fix some of them, a few digits are cracked.

Ash
Space Kadett
<font color=#FF8000>Space Kadett</font>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a number plate that reads "Russell" in old block letters that I don't need. Can you use any of those letters?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery MSN Messenger
SpaceKadett
Astra Addict
Astra Addict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ash but its an M and a 6 or 9 that I need in the really pointy block letters.
SpaceKadett
Astra Addict
Astra Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just swapped a few bits with JustEdNow. Mk10C Connecting people Smile So I now have an SR front bumper which I fitted up yesterday to see how it looks and a pair of rear corners which were badly needed. Slowly working my way around the car. That head gasket is still holding.

SpaceKadett
Astra Addict
Astra Addict

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the missing digits I needed for my front plates at my first visit to an auto jumble near Cork today. They're exactly the right shape to match the good ones I have left.

I know I doctor the pics a bit to hide my number. Just trying to maintain a teeny bit of privacy but you can see in this old picture

one of the sixes is held on with a bit of wire and, you can't really see it in this one but the M was held together with electrical tape. I can recondition the whole plate again now. Will look great with that SR bumper I got from JustEdnow. I'll take a pic when I get it done.

SpaceKadett
Astra Addict
Astra Addict

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a bit of time to stick my car in a friends garage for a weekend and started a bit of a Weldathon. Boot floor was looking a bit sorry for itself

and this rear corner

Thanks to justEdnow for the repair panel

and got some of the boot floor done too. Will push on with somemore over the next couple of days.

mitch1965
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one mate. Cool
This has me wondering if tfitting overriders to mine, would be worth doing? Confused smile

Astra Addict
Astra Addict

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say you'd get away with it Mitch, they're subtle enough that they'd add to the look of the car with out upsetting it's original feel.
mitch1965
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I may have a think on this one.... Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> General Astra Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: