VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
my turbo for sale 20k...............
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Non-Astra Related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GteGary
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: my turbo for sale 20k............... Reply with quote

as above as i want to buy this.......................................

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4587816199&indexURL=2#ebayphotohosting

wee mark
<font color=#FF8000>wee mark</font>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

already seen that mate and for a start you better double your price for your mk1 i reckon this will soar,also it isn`t a full blown grp b car and has never saw a rally in it`s puff,

the advert is very misleading that car is a show/press model and was carted round the various car shows,promotion days,car dealerships etc doing promotion work and driver signing sessions in the eighties as tony ponds works rally car except it wasn`t really his rally car it was a show replica hence why it still has door cards etc fitted,manufacturers all make show replicas of there rally cars for this purpose as do f1 teams etc as the real thing will be in the workshops getting ready for the next event,if you look closely you will see no electrical cuts offs,fire extinguisher pull cords etc on the scuttle panel and it also has tony ponds and rob arthurs names on the side,

this car was part of the rover collection until they went belly up but not taking anything away from it she is still a 6r4 but running 250 bhp instead of 380 bhp the proper one ran,still worth a few bob and i wouldn`t like to hazard a guess at value but the pukka rally ones easily fetch 50k and this is virtually a brand new shell so probably worth a mint to the right person just for the shell alone but it would be nice to see it stay as it is and will probably end up in a private collection i should think as it`s very,very rare Razz
Jason
Rallyslag
<font color=#FF8000>Rallyslag</font>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't these the ones that were banned from competing due to them thrashing the competition on a regular basis?
Delmastiff
Astra Messiah
Astra Messiah

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason wrote:
Aren't these the ones that were banned from competing due to them thrashing the competition on a regular basis?

Yeah, and mowing down a few spectators in the process eek eek

Quote:
Group B 'too dangerous'

The awesome spectacle of the Group B machines in their element led to massive crowds which lined rally stages. Crowd control was appalling at some events, and an accident was bound to happen. Portugal was often the scene of crazy spectator antics and during the 1986 rally Joaquim Santos’ RS200 crashed into the crowd while trying to avoid spectators in the road: three died and more than 30 were injured. All the works teams withdrew from the event.

Worse was to come. At the Tour de Corse in May the Delta S4 of Henri Toivonen and Sergio Cresto inexplicably left the road on a mountain stage and crashed down the rock-strewn hillside, bursting into flames as it went. By the time rescue crews arrived at the remote spot little that was recognisable remained of the Lancia, and rallying had lost one of its most popular and talented drivers.

Calls swiftly came to outlaw the Group B cars, though in truth they were not solely to blame for either of these awful accidents. By the end of the year FISA had banned Group B, and had also abandoned plans for its replacement by Group S, which would have had a production requirement of just 20 cars and a 300bhp power limit (like the current WRC rules). Instead the World Rally Championship would use Group A cars like the Lancia Delta Integrale and Ford Sapphire Cosworth – and the supercars of Group B would be gone from rallying forever.

Last edited by Delmastiff on Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark1GTE
wee mark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not quite it was due to the rs200 crashing into a crowd in portugal and killing spectators it was deemed the grp b cars were getting silly in terms of power and speed that the safety of spectators couldn`t be assurred so they were banned,they can still be used today but on reduced power and turbo restrictors etc but they are soon to be outlawed again if they are using active differentials etc in national rallying so as to allow an even playing field for the clubman guys with not the same level of money or sponsorship behind them.

colin mcrae still has a 6r4 up at his house in lanark that he plays with sometimes Razz
Mark1GTE
wee mark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fcuk lee if you had down that 5 mins earlier it would have saved me typing big grin
Crafty
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still gotta be an S1 for me...

Watching Rohrl in the "Climb Dance" footage is still mesmerising..
Mark1GTE
wee mark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a video of the ti16 doing pikes peak aswell but not sure where it is now,awesome footage,one of the first rally cars i sat in was at age 13 when my dad`s mate who had an austin rover garage took me for a spin in a 6r4 just before they were banned,very fond memoies of this car seeing as it was the first i sat in Razz
Mark1GTE
wee mark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

although one nearly fcuking killed me while spectating on the scottish it hit a rut and completely sheared the full back wheel and strut off and it came hurtiling up the hill towards me narrowly missing me,although that`s not the worst one i`ve had a sierra cosworth a year later nearly took my legs off and i`ve only my mate to thank for saving my life and i`m being deadly serious i really do owe him my legs at least he grabbed my by the shirt which he ripped and dragged me out of the way as the car tore past on it`s roof exactly where i had been stood eek big grin

i`ve also got footage of a 6r4 doing a head over tail roll several times completely clearing a wall without damaging it and straight over a cameramans head as he ducked,very ,very lucky guy to be alive eek
Delmastiff
Astra Messiah
Astra Messiah

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V33TRA wrote:
fcuk lee if you had down that 5 mins earlier it would have saved me typing big grin

5 mins, more like 5 seconds!! 6.39pm each post

Rallyslag

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember you telling me about the legs incident Mark when I was up at yours. I hope you bought him a few oints for that matey.
Delmastiff
Astra Messiah
Astra Messiah

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The early 1980s saw a category created specifically for manufacturers who wanted to show off their engineering capabilities; Group B was born. The Group B rally supercars quickly evolved into 500+ horsepower, four-wheel-drive chest-thumping beasts with space frames, kevlar bodywork, and many other high-tech pieces. The cars reached a point where many wondered if the cars had reached a point where the drivers could not fully control them. For instance, the Lancia Delta S4 could accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 2.3 seconds on a gravel road. Henri Toivonen drove an S4 around Estoril, the Portuguese Grand Prix circuit, so quickly that he would have qualified sixth for the 1986 Portuguese Grand Prix. Nigel Mansell sampled a Peugeot 205 T16 and said it could out-accelerate his F1 car. And, perhaps most impressive (frightening?), the driver's reaction times were cut in half compared with previous rally cars. The Group B rally cars and their pilots were the stuff of which legends are made.

I want one big grin

Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats ones need me, if it is the one im thinking of then this guy is minted, also ones Renault Spider, very high spec scooby and a Ferrari that i've serviced and driven (only managed 135mph then run out of road) big grin

We used to do his cars as when i was at Renault we were the only place in the area with scissor ramps so can get the low cars onto.

When we did the MOT on his Ferrari we had to use the taply meature for the brake measurements and it got a 98% efficiency rating eek

Mark1GTE
wee mark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just think how good the mk1 was back then,GTM held her head up high and got 21st overall on the rac in standard form with these grp B cars all around her,good going i say big grin and no mean feat Razz

hence why it`s costing me a fortune for 1984 rally memrobillia as this was the most important era of rallying when cars were monsters and drivers were complete fecking lunatics but highly skilled,anything from this era costs a fortune hence why GTM is making me fecking skint big grin
Jason
Rallyslag

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eek Shocked Shocked

Bring back Group B, please!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Non-Astra Related All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: