VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
Civic Type R - Story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Non-Astra Related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gonch
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Civic Type R - Story Reply with quote

Saw this thread on another forum, worth a read???

Quote:
Part 1

Had 3 lads kick in my front door last sunday.

Me and my brother were downstairs, he was stood in the hallway and saw them kick in the porch door, then braced himself against the main door (a large glazed one) whilst they kicked the glass through on that.
I ran out into the hall, and then they scarpered down the road.

Anyway, the police turned up promptly. 5 days later. And upon seeing my car they said they knew exactly what they were after.

Apparently civic type-R's round have been disappearing all over the northwest for weeks. The police said it's one of the most sought after cars at the moment - as all the cars these days are stolen to order.

They said that they have been following type-r's home, and using a variety of weapons when people walk up their drives after work, or when they go to work in the morning.

Copper said that i could get a tracker and steering lock fitted - but in his opinion i should sell it, and quickly, as they'll be back and probably with weapons this time.

Obviously this has got me a bit shook up. When burglars don't care if anyone is in the house or if they're stood by the door while they kick it in, then it's hard to feel safe with the civic sat in the drive!

My brother's 3.0 A4 was sat next to mine in the drive, but the police reckon burglars wouldn't have looked twice at that, even though it's a plenty more expensive car.

So now i'm seriously contemplating getting rid of the ctr quickly, and getting some less desirable to these scumbags. I can't even fill up with petrol now without constantly looking over my shoulder.

What would you lot do?

Part 2

OK, after the other week's events i decided to stay at my rent's for a couple of days, and commute into manchester.

The second day, we all went out for a meal for my bro's 30th. Within 10 minutes (about 8:00pm) we received a call from my parent's neighbours to say that the house had been broken into.

Turns out they had kicked in the back door, come into the house while the alarm was blaring, went into a couple of rooms (lights were switched on), then scarpered, most probably due to the neighbour's fast arrival.

My civic was sat on the drive and was the only car visible. So i assume they were after that again, but couldn't find the keys in time.

This is in a nice area of cheshire with little to no crime. Parents haven't had an incident there in 24 years, and i leave my car there for 2 nights...

This time the police arrived within the hour (Cheshire police are obviously less busy!), but i wasn't there to speak to them. Don't think they said anything about my car, but i can't see what else they could have been after.

Who want's to buy my car?!?

On the plus side, it means i'm not as worried about living in manchester now - knowing that this happens no matter how nice the area. Although we weren't stood by the door this time, so a bit different!

PART 3
... and it's gone.

Came home to where my car was parked last night after work, and 3 lads with baseball bats and bandanas round their faces jumped out of nearby bushes and demanded my keys.

I dropped my briefcase and started to run as they tried to grab me, but i decided to stop and chucked the keys at their feet. I'm not the quickest at the best of times, and especially not in a suit and shoes.

Then i watched them pick up my briefcase and rag off down the road, while one of them waved a bat in my direction to make sure i didn't try to stop them. All of this in broad daylight, before 6pm.

Police were good, they had cars driving round the area immediately, but they said without tracker there's very little chance. They also said it'll have been to order,- as the coppers at the incident at my house said.

All the kit in my sig was still in the car - i was going to take it out but decided to get Blackjax fitted this weekend instead. Bit late now though!

Insurance company are ringing my back tonight, so not sure how much i'll get off them for my kit. If anything. Will have to dig up some receipts from somewhere!

I won't be able to reply to any questions till tomorrow, cause i'm off to get royally trollied. just thought i'd let you guys know how the saga ended!

On the plus side, i don't have to worry about the damn thing anymore!
davestar7
Astra Veteran
Astra Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sh$t man, makes me glad I drive a rusty old mk1!!

Hope you get decent money back.

Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're rapid cars and so are the new cosworth or the new Mk1 astra GTE, fast and so get nicked.

I'm impressed he was stupid enough to run, soon as 3 guys with baseball bats come out demanding my keys, my hand would be in my pocket and, unless I'm coming out with a Beretta, them keys will be with them faster than they can think (3 or 4 seconds). A car aint worth the hassle of being beaten and losing the car anyway
exuptoy
R1 Wheeliemonster
<font color=#FF8000>R1 Wheeliemonster</font>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the score from the insurance companies point of view i.e kys handed over to the thief, bastards would probly try to get out of paying on that one.
Rallyslag
<font color=#FF8000>Rallyslag</font>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not buying that shite.....

No way would someone go after a car like a bloody CTR with such vigour, it's not a bloody Bugatti Veryon is it now??

I don't think that the incident is in anyway related to the cars exclusivity to be honest. I reckon that guy has been driving around pissing off the local knobheads and they thought they'd teach him a lesson.

Anyone in their right mind would have fitted a tracker to the fooker after the first incident.

Me personally, I would have parked it road side in the same place, got mi self a 4 pack of Stella take 4 paraceatamol, sat down with a few choice friends and waited to go Jurassic on their ass the next time they dared even look at my street, let alone even dare come near my car.

If it is true then I feel for the guy, he obviously has no clue whatsoever.

Lambo
3rd time lucky
<font color=#FF8000>3rd time lucky</font>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Jay . It sounds a bit OTT for a civic type r to me . My mate had a similar thing which really happened cos i was there one day. The lads tried to get him done for chasing them with a gun and a knife . I dont agree with what he did but he had weeks of constant attempts and at his parents house and eventually flipped eek .
exuptoy
R1 Wheeliemonster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he set it up and just wanted a convincing story for the plod, strange he also left all his posessions in the mottah. Razz Didn't have a kicking or any injuries did he?
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, probably right Jay
Jason
Rallyslag

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exuptoy wrote:
Maybe he set it up and just wanted a convincing story for the plod, strange he also left all his posessions in the mottah. Razz Didn't have a kicking or any injuries did he?

That also crossed my mind..

The thread could have been created as some kind of self catharsis or disambiguation of the situation.

exuptoy
R1 Wheeliemonster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feck me Jay whats with the big words mate and more importantly WHAT THE FECK THEY MEAN!!!! laughing Very Happy
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does happen, but as others have said for a civic type r ? hmm

I also dont buy the "This is a good area, police haven't had an incident in 24 years" Sorry, I can't believe that for a minute! Completely crime free for 24 years ? No drunks stumbling up the road shouting ? no wives throwing the husbands clothes out the window cos hes been giving the secretary one ? nah...

If they had wanted the car that bad they'd just come pick it up with a tow truck.
Jason
Rallyslag

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sobriety that causes it mate...laughing

I need a beer, that way I can stop mi brain cells regenerating.

Suicide
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason, the UKs answer to Homer Simpson Rolling Eyes laughing
Jason
Rallyslag

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm turning the same shape and loosing my hair too, just to get into character.
Suicide
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Non-Astra Related All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: