VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
Chunks MK1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Projects & Restorations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chunk
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Chunks MK1 Reply with quote

Well i bought the car in april of 2005, it was fitted with a 2.0l 16v motor and weber twin 45's. The car had also had a full interior retrim in black leather, rear disc axle with grooved and vented discs all round, braided brake hoses, koni adjustables and lowered springs.
We agreed on a price of £1500
Heres a pic when i got home the day i bought it.

Just weeks after i bought the car i drove to avon park raceway in stratford to see what she could do.
I ran 15.0 which i was happy with as i could only manage a 15.8 in my last mk1 (2.0l 8v). But i knew more power was just around the corner as i am one of those people who just aint happy unless i know i cant get more power!!! laughing laughing
So it was off to my computer to scan ebay for some tuning goodies!
After a couple of weeks i found some kent supersports camshafts and vernier pulleys going cheep as f**k so i just had to bid. Ended up paying about £250 for them. Fitted within a week later and the result was suprising. Torque was los at low revs but she just roared from 4500 to jus over 8000rpm with ease.

The next 1/4 mile event was Vauxhall Speed Show at Avon Park.
I ran a 14.6 with my previously bought camshafts and pulleys which i was over the moon with.
I attended a few more show over the course of the summer which at the retro cars? i put my car on the rolling road and got 189bhp at the wheels.
As the summer was coming to an end i realised that i couldnt afford the fuel that i was putting in my car as it was doing about 18mpg, so after much thought i decided to get a c20let engine out of a cavalier turbo which i bought of a friend for £800 which included a courtenay rebuild and new turbo (roughly 220 bhp). I fitted this in mid september, bit of a rush job but it worked, and f**k me it worked well.

I managed to get to avon park before the weather turned and i ran 4 consecutive 13.8's which put smile on my face for the rest of the day.

I decided to try and make the car as light as possible so i sold my leather and bought some f-glass bucket seats, rollcage and perspex windows with the money.

Shes now up on tha axle stands for the winter. Got some welding to do and some tuning!?!?!?!?!?!?!? laughing laughing Will keep you all posted with progress.
Chunk
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shes dead and going to scrapyard
Chunk
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big grin big grin

Chunk
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the engines in, brakes and suspension are on and alls go for retro big grin big grin
Just got a few fiddly bits left but got a week off now so should be on the road in a couple off days or so. big grin
if the rain holds off Sad

Chunk
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All done.... well chuffed big grin big grin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Projects & Restorations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: