VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
G1C's MK1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Projects & Restorations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G1C
Astra Addict
Astra Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: G1C's MK1 Reply with quote

I started of by buying a white B reg gte at a fair price due to it been a bit rotten, Once the car was stripped back to a bare shell I came to the decision it was to rotten to be worth repairing so took all the useable bits from the shell and scrapped the rest and got on the hunt for a new shell.

Not long after a 2 owner 1.3s was available 15 mins down the road, The last owner having it 23 years so as expected turned out to be spot on which I got for £300 and got ready to get stuck in and pull it to pieces.

So I started to get it turned into a gte, After about 20 tubes of 1 part seam sealer and countless hidden self tappers the bodykit was fitted.
Once the bodykit was fitted I got the car ready for spraying, I sprayed inside the doors, boot and under the bonnet and then took it down to the paint shop to get the outside done as it's to dusty in our shed Sad .

Once the car was back from the paint shop I got a week of work to get stuck in and get most of the work done, I started with all brake pipes, fuel lines the running gear then engine and then got the exterior trim, windows etc.. and then the interior and finally getting finished after 1 year and 3 months of every sunday, break time and day off i can remember.
[/img]

The engine has had a couple of different carbs on now the first been twin weber 45's but after them a set of yzf r1 carbs due the the fuel cost and shite driveabilityin low revs.
But am now building a turbo engine for it due the that never ending search for more power.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Projects & Restorations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: