VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
Kicked in the bollocks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Non-Astra Related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash
Space Kadett
<font color=#FF8000>Space Kadett</font>

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Kicked in the bollocks! Reply with quote

I was at my garage today adding a lock to the main door when I was approached by a bold stocky bloke who asked me if I rented the garage.

I said "yes". He then told me that he had bought all the land 6 months ago and in 2 or 3 months he's clearing the entire area. Garage, trees, walls, fences, everything flat.

The garage is located behind a shop in the centre of town which has a large garden area to the rear and my garage at the bottom. The garage is accessible by a small road that approaches from the rear of the garden.

I was a bit taken a back by all this. The woman I rent the garage from has said nothing to me since I started renting the garage. I pay my rent each month and all is well. Or so I thought.

I said to the bloke that I needed to ask my landlord what was going on as this is the first I've heard of it. He repeated the fact that he is clearing the land. He then went to walk away so I asked him what his name was and introduced myself.

He also said that he runs a security company that rents an office upstairs from the shop to the front but had bough all the land behind the shop.

I have a formal contract so if I receive written notice I have 3 months to get out. I've not been able to get hold of my land lord yet though so i'm non the wiser at the moment.

I've just got back from one of the worlds sh$t holes, had my Kadett shipped over from the UK, fitted out my garage and now i've been told I might have to pack my bags. Totally gutted Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery MSN Messenger
Sparko
Astra Messiah
Astra Messiah

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot him and bury him under said garage?

sucks tho bud, hopefully he is just being a penis and your land lord can straighten him out.

wait... i don't encourage you asking your landlord to straighten any penises, you may be out of a garage sooner than you think laughing laughing

Space Kadett

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all a bit fishy to me tbh, the woman that owns the land or did is also an estate agent. I don't think that she's forgotten that I rent the garage and have a contract to boot. The bold bloke never even asked about my contract. If he had bought the land he would have a copy and should of made contact with me.

It might all be my fault though because around the time he said he bought the land I cleared 3 massive trailer loads of creeping Ivy off the garage to make it usable. Maybe that opened a few peoples eyes? I've been approached by 3 people just this week wanting to rent the garage.

I don't know, I'm f**king pissed off though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery MSN Messenger
DeadEye
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fecking pisser. Crying or Very sad

And this is why, my GTE restoration thread: http://www.mk1oc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16119
Ash
Space Kadett

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK first of all I spoke the the bloke who rents the office upstairs and he said he doesn't know anything about it and the bloke who approached me is nothing to do with his company.

I spoke to the shop keeper who also knew nothing about the land being sold and said that she was 100% the land lady would not make such a mistake.

I then spoke to the land lady who was a bit shocked because she had only just been approached by an architect asking about her building and land. She admitted that she had given permission for the architect to draw up plans including her land. I understand this as she is a business woman and if someone offers you something for free, why not see what's on offer.

She stated that the land has definitely not been sold, the land still belongs to her and our contract still stands.

HOWEVER! I've just spoken to a good friend and his parents previously lived in a building owned by the same family. The were given 3 months notice after living there for about 20 years. They were in there late 70's too. It seems the family piss in one pot and sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Anyway, this all seems a bit sh$t but there is a silver lining. I told my friends over here about it and they went asking about for a new place for my kadett to live. I've been offered a space in a shared garage for a bit more than I pay now. But the garage has a twin post ramp!

So as soon as i've been to see the owner and have a contract I'll hand back the other garage as its just to risky.
ecky7
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some people have all the luck. A guy near me rented one off the council for 'x' amount of years, anyway because he looked after all the others (not really), barratt homes paid him for the land and built him two new ones also. Sucks, fingers crossed mate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Non-Astra Related All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: