VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
1600 Estate 5 door

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Cars For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adrian
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: 1600 Estate 5 door Reply with quote

up for sale is one of my 3 Mk 1's:

Astra Mark 1 Estate 1.6 1984

Bought new by an elderly man who had just retired, who used it for 10-ish years, always garaged. He died , but the car sat in the garage for another 10 years. I am the 4th owner. I’ve owned it since 2004. It was originally red, but I had it resprayed Fiat olive green, but the engine bay and boot floor areas are still red. I swapped the interior from grey to light tan. Interior is in excellent condition, although drivers bolster just starting to wear.

It has never been welded. It needs a new n/s wing (I’ve filled existing one), and the o/s wing is just starting to go. I filled the forward end of the n/s rear arch a couple of years ago and that is still fine, but the o/s arch needs a bit of sorting. The n/s front door has a slight depression, other than that it is dent free and rust free.

Soon after I bought it, the engine failed and I had a short engine rebuild from QES, a very good engine builder, I acquired a Blydenstein B pack cylinder head and installed that. It also had a new clutch then. This car is a fantastic warrior: it has been down to the (top of) the Pyrenees (and back!) without a problem a couple of years ago, and NW Scotland last year: it has been 100% reliable. I rarely cruise above 65mph.

It has a Weber conversion with a manual choke. I have all MOT’s since 1993, and it has genuine mileage of 86K. MOT till Dec 4th, but no reason why it shouldn’t sail through. Assume that it will have a year MOT, as I’ll probably put it in for one. There is no rust at all underneath: the spring pans, wishbone mountings cills etc are all perfect. I inject the car regularly with rust-preventative fluid so that has kept it at bay.
It has no door pockets. It has a towbar. The tyres are old but legal. There is a small crunch when selecting reverse: its been like that for years, and I have just learnt to live with it. The paint is now a bit faded in places, especially roof and bonnet.
http://s255.photobucket.com/user/ade55/library/astra%20estate?sort=3&page=1

please ignore the last 2 pics: they were taken a few years ago
This car has never broken down in 9 years of ownership.

I'm asking £750
adrian
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOW HAS FULL YEAR MOT
Astramk1
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking motor! Don't suppose you would be interested in a mk2 astra Belmont very very original car,11 months mot 5 months tax?
Thanks,Sean
adrian
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumpers and rear wiper system also available with car, all very easy to install
Trisyb
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your best price cheers
Trisyb
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you from I would like to come view this cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Cars For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: