VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
whats my mk1 worth ??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Cars For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r_rodway19
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: whats my mk1 worth ?? Reply with quote

ive got a genuine astra gte shell wich I'm considering selling , its not a original car and it has been fully restored from scratch , I spent years of my spare time in the garage but a unfoseen surcamstances put a holt to the project and shes just been in the barn covered over since , it was a no expenses spared project , every single parts of the car are new , or reconditioned , or been fabricated proffesionaly , full professional respray inside and out , every single piece of kit etc has been painted idividualy . theres not a spot on the car hasent been painted , original undersell has been left on and undersealed over the top , and ALL inner chassis have been wax oile , all components like tank axle etc have been cleaned back and painted , rear disk conversion also comes with brand new built redtop turbo 300 bhp plus , f28 reconditioned gearbox with lsd ,the whole car is a finished rolling shell needs engine fitting and finishing touches , custom half leather interior with recaro front seats , every single part is there to finish the project apart from the egsaught which will need to be made , front mount intercooler , custom alloy rad that cost 450 and slimlime , theres thousands of parts to list that comes with the car , I will not be giving away and don't want to sound greedy so looking for a rough ballpark value , ive spent over 10,000 on the car that's without thousands of hours out in the garage , she is easily a show cars can post few pics of what you request , thanks guyss

Last edited by r_rodway19 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Paulbradd
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in hearing a number... And seeing a few pics
Dimpas
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as i know a Genuine Astra mk1 GTE with C20LET , F28 , rear disc brakes is not a Genuine one ... is a moded one !
r_rodway19
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimpas wrote:
As far as i know a Genuine Astra mk1 GTE with C20LET , F28 , rear disc brakes is not a Genuine one ... is a moded one !

as I stated its a genuine astra gte shell but not original , meaning its not restored to factory spec
Dimpas
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the info , it was my miss leading .....
r_rodway19
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimpas wrote:
Thanx for the info , it was my miss leading .....

no problem , cheers
Jon_Kadett
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Difficult to price, but I'd say between 4 to 5 grand. It would only appeal to a very small amount of people so selling it could be hard.
DeadEye
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: whats my mk1 worth ?? Reply with quote

r_rodway19 wrote:
ive got a genuine astra gte shell wich I'm considering selling , its not a original car and it has been fully restored from scratch , I spent years of my spare time in the garage but a unfoseen surcamstances put a holt to the project and shes just been in the barn covered over since , it was a no expenses spared project , every single parts of the car are new , or reconditioned , or been fabricated proffesionaly , full professional respray inside and out , every single piece of kit etc has been painted idividualy . theres not a spot on the car hasent been painted , original undersell has been left on and undersealed over the top , and ALL inner chassis have been wax oile , all components like tank axle etc have been cleaned back and painted , rear disk conversion also comes with brand new built redtop turbo 300 bhp plus , f28 reconditioned gearbox with lsd ,the whole car is a finished rolling shell needs engine fitting and finishing touches , custom half leather interior with recaro front seats , every single part is there to finish the project apart from the egsaught which will need to be made , front mount intercooler , custom alloy rad that cost 450 and slimlime , theres thousands of parts to list that comes with the car , I will not be giving away and don't want to sound greedy so looking for a rough ballpark value , ive spent over 10,000 on the car that's without thousands of hours out in the garage , she is easily a show cars can post few pics of what you request , thanks guyss

Firstly, get some pictures up.
Secondly, finish it!

If it's in a state which means the buyer could still complete the resto to factory spec - that might appeal more to some.

Flog the engine and gearbox separately.

And this is why, my GTE restoration thread: http://www.mk1oc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16119
Ash
Space Kadett
<font color=#FF8000>Space Kadett</font>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get the car in running condition you will have more chance of selling it.
Like Jon said its worth a fair bit of money but selling a project car, even in such good condition is going to be difficult. Not impossible but certainly harder than if it was a runner.

I don't know your circumstances and I'm sure you don't actually want to sell it. Just trying to advise.

If it was a runner i'd say 6k+
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery MSN Messenger
r_rodway19
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for the advise guys , I'm not in a position to finish it myself unfortenetly , I hope I could have that's why shes been in the barn the last few years but its a shame to leave her sitting there I think as I don't think ill ever be able to do it myself , all the hard expensive work is done wich is most annoying , don't really want to sell but cant see myself finishing the car . heres a coupl of photos for you
http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/r_rodway19/media/WP_20140826_20_23_22_Pro_zps1ogfgdpe.jpg.html
http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/r_rodway19/media/WP_20140826_20_20_32_Pro_zpsy0radl4q.jpg.html
http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/r_rodway19/media/IMAG0145_zpsgf2awur8.jpg.html
http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/r_rodway19/media/astra_zpsmobb8rn3.jpg.html
DeadEye
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r_rodway19 wrote:
cheers for the advise guys , I'm not in a position to finish it myself unfortenetly , I hope I could have that's why shes been in the barn the last few years but its a shame to leave her sitting there I think as I don't think ill ever be able to do it myself , all the hard expensive work is done wich is most annoying , don't really want to sell but cant see myself finishing the car . heres a coupl of photos for you
http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/r_rodway19/media/WP_20140826_20_23_22_Pro_zps1ogfgdpe.jpg.html
http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/r_rodway19/media/WP_20140826_20_20_32_Pro_zpsy0radl4q.jpg.html
http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/r_rodway19/media/IMAG0145_zpsgf2awur8.jpg.html
http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/r_rodway19/media/astra_zpsmobb8rn3.jpg.html

Looks lovely from the pics.

Leave it in the barn if you can't do it now.

And this is why, my GTE restoration thread: http://www.mk1oc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16119
MK1minx
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been looking through the pictures on your Photobucket account and the car looks stunning. I wish I could have it myself but too many cars and not enough space. Get some decent pics up and you are best posting it on a busier site such as facebook or ebay. You have a stunning car and someone is going to absolutely cherish it. Don't short sell it, the work you have done looks good. All the best with the future mate smile
r_rodway19
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MK1minx wrote:
I've just been looking through the pictures on your Photobucket account and the car looks stunning. I wish I could have it myself but too many cars and not enough space. Get some decent pics up and you are best posting it on a busier site such as facebook or ebay. You have a stunning car and someone is going to absolutely cherish it. Don't short sell it, the work you have done looks good. All the best with the future mate smile

hi there thanks for your kind words and advise , I'm glad someone realises how much work and cost it is to resrore everything to new or reconditioned , even to widows, rubber seals and screws , I have put a add up just to get some interest , waiting for a nice day to get some nice photos , hopefully on the weekend I can have help to get it out on the paddock thanks mate big grin
r_rodway19
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MK1minx wrote:

did you to see all the pictures apart from from what ive posted on here , if you did be nice if you could share how ,as it would take hours uploading them all laughing
r_rodway19
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a reg mk1 gte shell
full respray in and out , etch primered
undersealed on top of original and inner chassis wax oiled
drilled and grooved disks and green stuff pads all round , rear disk conversion
new mastercylinder and all new brake line
all new fuel pipe , copper and all braided rubber pipes
full car polybushed
new krypton spax adjustables all aroun , 60 mm rear and 50 mm front springs
momo steering wheel
euro centre cosnsole
half leather interior with recaro front seats
tv/dvd/cd player with built in sat nav , and a sound system
digital clocks
16" compomotive alloys with centre caps , rare stoped being made in 2001
new windscreen
all new rubers for all windows doors front and rear screen
front strut brace
irmisher rear spoiler
hella front grill

engine redtop turbo
300 bhp ish
1 mm oversize wosner forged pistons
lighter crank
lighter flywheel
coastcast head running c20xe inlet cam with vernias
tdo4 turbo conversion , (evo) reconditioned
enlared throttlebody , stainless top hat
chipped ecu
all arp bolts new build engine
all oiways and waterways cleaned by engineering firm
saab turbo red injectors
alloy front mounnt intercooler with stainles and blue silicone hoses
alloy radiator with slimline fans some blue silicone hoses 450£
f28 gearbox
fully reconditioned with lsd , 2wd converted and manual speedo converted
2 sets of drive shafts , standard and half shafts
spares
standard radiator
standard steering wheel
black paint for car
front wing
front springs
2 standard front grills
astra gte car stickers
and much more will be thrown in
apart from some small items thats all thats missing to complete the build is a egsaughst system
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Cars For Sale All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: