VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
Advice needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> General Astra Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JH Kadett
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Advice needed Reply with quote

HI all i need some advice before i pull what hair that is left on my head out and there is not much there to start with my GTE is on the road since march and since then its been up and down on the lift trying to find out whats vibrating in my engine bay . Story so far is when engine is running (driving or standstill ) at 3000 rpm a vibrations comes in the car and at 3500 rpm its gone its as smooth as a die up to and after this . Have checked wheels for alignment and balance all ok, changed drive shafts one at a time all ok ,changed two front wheel-bearings one at a time vibration still there after all these changes , engine is a fully reconditioned engine , new clutch and release bearing ,have changed gearbox for a second hand one vibration still there secured exhaust to gearbox mount , installed all new mounts on box and engine even changed brake calipers and disc and vibration still there no improvement ,even changed bottom pulley on engine to solid one and alternator was removed . Just this week sent other gearbox away to be fully reconditioned and got answer back on Friday to say that it was like new inside no wear anywhere so when that comes back ill put that in . Not sure whats left to change only flywheel but engine recondition man said that if it was out of balance it would be vibrating all the time and worse at high revs would this be true .
So any help would be grateful as i am travelling on Friday to the other end of the country and this will drive me mad if its like this all the way , its a 5 hour drive Brick wall
mobile
Astra Veteran
Astra Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is it felt through? steering, pedals or whole car?
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can be felt trough whole car but mainly accelerator pedal while driving
mobile
Astra Veteran
Astra Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clutching at straws like but nothing loose on the rack or bulkhead damage?
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No all in one piece in that area ,today removed clutch and changed to a smaller diameter removed the 215mm and installed a 203 mm took for a spin and noticed an improvement so all that's left is to remove flywheel and inspect will do this when I get the other gearbox back . Also today when clutch and shaft from box was withdrawn I ran the engine small improvement but not able to say for sure about it ...search goes on
JH Kadett
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the latest on this problem is that i installed the reconditioned box ,a new clutch and second hand flywheel and still have vibration . Only common pieces between this engine and engine i removed is the inlet manifold and exhaust manifold only used these because they were already set up for running previous engine . Well im off on a 700km round trip tomorrow with it so hope all goes well .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> General Astra Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: