VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
B REG 5 DOOR 55K 1 PREVIOUS OWNER !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Cars For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAULDRIVER
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: B REG 5 DOOR 55K 1 PREVIOUS OWNER ! Reply with quote

1 previous owner, doesn t look too bad,
Last of the mk1 s on a B reg Sad

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1984-VAUXHALL-ASTRA-1300-S-L-H-B-GREEN-Mk1-Mark-1-/201770137808?hash=item2efa6ff8d0:g:RJMAAOSw2xRYakSK

davestar7
Astra Veteran
Astra Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOT history is suspect as hell - failures on rear corrosion, following year it's magically just an advisory?
Astra Newbie
Astra Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, MOT history very odd, 21k miles in first 22 years then 33k miles in last 9 years! But apparently every MOT. Car has been on Ebay for sale recently but didn't sell.
Corrosion and blue smoke? my guess would be 154k miles? but it has the MOT's!
The interior doesn't look like it's gone round the clock, steering wheel, gear nob, hand brake lever, pedal rubbers, seats and door pockets and interior have worn very well, even seat belt receivers have not faded much. No rust around rear hatch either. Can't see any evidence of respray.
May be 54k is genuine but very strange how mileage has been put on car.

davestar7
Astra Veteran
Astra Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the input Rich. Also... are they really worth that sort of money now? I'd say yes, IF there was no corrosion mentioned on the MOTs , or blue smoke ...

I had a reply from the chap, it might be able to any one considering the car. I'm not, maybe at half the price...

Quote:
I've owned the car for 18 months. I bought it from a garage who did the previous mot and I had the last one put on at my local testing station. I personally haven't done any work to the car or had anything done. I guess advisories and fails are all down to the discretion of the tester so possibly why differences between mot's. No leaks, completely watertight.
Thanks

Astra Newbie
Astra Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car has potential purely because the interior is in vgc. The bodywork looks good in places but as other members have found the floor pans and front bulkhead are the ones to watch. Sills, rear arches and front wings and front and rear valances are easy fixes and parts not too expensive, but even so with old green metallic paint it's a respray job. This doesn't take into account the engine blue smoke!
You're looking at about £2,500 for a respray including all door shuts windows out etc.
Budget about £350 for panels i.e. wings, arches, valances.
Mechanical's: well cam belt change, full service and compression test on engine costs could be anywhere from £300 - £1000?

Also the 1300L is not that sought after, it's no GTE, SR or EXP so how much is it going to be worth once the work is done?
In mint condition it's probably worth about £5,000 so you might get your money back.
It's a buy it with your heart to save car, not a buy it with your head car, well not at £1800.

My guess like you is it's realistically worth about £800 to £1000 max. but take a mechanic with you.

davestar7
Astra Veteran
Astra Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thumbs up from me, I agree totally - not sure about £5k though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Cars For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: