VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
Opel Kadett SR XE red top........
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Cars For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacko
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh right, i forgot who bought that. Lovely car that is, a minter.

Sirnick - will you becoming to shows with it at all??

Be a shame to keep her away from the crowd

Graeme
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought this car, picked it up last nite and am please with it and have bid plans for it so watch this place!

big grin
SirNick
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Don’t worry I still have a mk1, yes it’s the one that I got from Jason. To be honest it has been parked in my Aunt’s garage since I bought it. Now the green one has finally gone the blue one can be insured and used.

For those of you who don’t already know I’m actually disabled due to an accident I had back in 93. This means that I don’t drive myself and have only got the mk1 for my family and friends to drive when we go out. I know that you are probably thinking ‘What a waste’ but it doesn’t get used much and its probably better me having it rather than some boy racer who will eventually end up writing it off.

I haven’t been to any of the shows as of yet but maybe I should just to see some of the other cars. Since I have been a member the number of cars that look good from the pictures that members post have risen and the standard of the work is great.

I don’t have a garage so I’m looking for a decent car cover to go over it, any ideas??? It must be idiot proof so my mum can put it on and take it off though.

Nick

P.S Graeme I'm glad that you are pleased with it.....Did you're brother get back in time to go out.

big grin big grin big grin big grin Very Happy big grin big grin big grin big grin

Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all coming back too me now...

...someone was saying you were going to convert it, so you could drive it? Or was that one of those grape vine stories?

Well i think you're right, if some little chav kid got his hands on it it would have been ditched by now for sure.

Hope to see you at some shoes soon then dude. They are well worth attending!

Jacko
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh....with regard to the car cover i have no idea really. Most car covers are a little under sized and don't really stay on the car very well. You'll find it blowing off and in the next door neighbour’s garden more often than not. Then you have the problem of putting a wet cover on a wet car (assuming its raining that is)
SirNick
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm, its difficulty, my dad has a cover and says its okay but to be honest its not a car cover. I think that he probaby got it from the £1 shop but he means well. It will do more damage to the paintwork that not having a cover, you can't tell old people though....

I wouldn't really bother too much but the kids in our area love throwing stones and i don't trust them....

Last edited by SirNick on Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
SirNick
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacko

With regard to converting to driving myself there are conversion’s for almost everyone who is disabled. The thing is I wouldn’t want to loose control and wipe out a bus stop full of people therefore I have chosen not to try. It took me a while to make my mind up as before I was disabled I was in my 3rd year training to be a mechanic and cars meant everything to me back then. I think that there are enough dangerous drivers on the road as it is without adding another….maybe I will change me mind one day. By the way I didn’t have a car accident, it was a swimming accident in the sea.

Apparently in one state in America there is a disable woman who drives just by blowing into a straw, now that can’t be safe.
eek eek eek eek

Astra Newbie
Astra Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant be a very powerfull car either wink

i had a mate that had an accident and broke his back, that left him with no feeling, no use, nothing at all below his nipple line.(his hands and arms are ok)
he had a saxo converted to FULL hand controls and it was a manual with a button on the side of the gearbox for the clutch, the hand controls were quite UNreliable, it was forever going through brake cables.
so he sold the saxo and bought a 206cc auto, that meant he only had to convert the brake to hand control.
in the saxo he was a NUTTER wheel spinning when ever he could but the 206 soon tamed him.i also know of a 425bhp saff cossy and the driver has the same broken back problems ie nothing below the nipple line and that looning dosnt even have traction control!!

its a shame the cars gone as i had my beady eye on that.
my mates just bought the black mk1 gte off ebay and we are going to the nurburgring in august IN IT!
SirNick
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah when I was in the spinal unit after my accident they had a 10th anniversary and invited everyone who had been through the unit. You should have seen some of the cars in the car park, all driven using hand controls. Most of the people had industrial accidents which means that they had big insurance payouts, most well over a million so money was no option. There were a few 911 turbos and many of the mitsubishi 3000gt which had only just come out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Cars For Sale All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: