VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
Event Wants
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Events Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt
<font color=#33CC00>Moderator</font>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Event Wants Reply with quote

So what do people want to see at events.

We are looking at getting a new banner, flyers and clothing.

But what else can we do/get/have for the club. Ideas please........ big grin

Aim Low, Reach Your Goals and Avoid Disappointment

Last edited by matt on Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message View user's gallery Visit poster's website
Delmastiff
Astra Messiah
Astra Messiah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh, didn't see this thread!!

For me, I would like to see a better stand, by that I mean a human presence and a focal point like a tent, small marquee type thing which we could man in shifts. This would mean that visitors to the stand (of which there'll be many big grin) can find someone to approach should they want info on the club or the cars. It would also provide security as we could then leave windows, boot lid's open etc to display our interiors, boot installs etc properly.

The tent could also have a board with club info on plus some graphic information on the MK1 range etc.

Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Event Wants Reply with quote

matt wrote:
So what do people want to see at events.

We are looking at getting a new banner, flyers and clothing.

But what else can we do/get/have for the club. Ideas please........ big grin

All sounds good mate! thumbsup

Tbh, i think the banner we have is good and all we need invest in would be a metal frame so that it can be erected properly, maybe someone with welding experience and a little time would like to knock one of these together out of some box section or something?!?! Confused

Colour flyers would be a fantastic idea, maybe A4, A5 size or something, again, anyone that is in this line of business that would be kind enough to give us some discounted prices would be cool.

Again with clothing really... i know someone in the business if you would like me to look into prices? Would need some ideas of emblem designs and shirt styles would be cool. Something like red or black T's / polos with the current mk1oc ultimate astra emblem?

We could have black polos with emblem stitched in its normal red and white scheme and Ts in red with emblem with mk1oc in black and this could be screen printed?

Also, something i picked up on at Billing when talking to glenn was that we don't have a printed membership forms for people wanting to sign up on the day, would this be worthwhile having do you think?

Jason
Rallyslag
<font color=#FF8000>Rallyslag</font>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only just seen this as well....

Defo Short sleeved shirts with club logo on back and on front pocket, not black FFS, we wanna be noticed do we not? laughing Let's have a bright colour.

A nice spread put together of the Mk1 and where it sits in the time line of Vaux development and just how important the development of the T-car (Mk1 Astra) was to Vauxhall moving into the mainstream market and competing like for like with VW and Ford.

We could do with some of the personal galleries of development work being on hand a bit more, so people could see what is involved in restoring them.

I'll get one of them meet and greet badges from ASDA and sit in the mini marquee with a crate of beer smile

GteGary
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think these are puka ideas, and non of them cost alot.

the only thing with all of this kit is getting it to the shows and storing it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the ideas coming.

Jacko, investigate how much the shirst would be and let me know. We can sort out design colour when we know a price.
A frame for the banner is a good idea, will speak to a man who can weld (Hux big grin ). Thinking of perhaps getting a flag as well, dependent on cost.

I was thinking of gettting a marque after the summer when theya re cheaper.

As for moving it around between us we can sort this out.

View user's profile Send private message View user's gallery Visit poster's website
G1C
Astra Addict
Astra Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get stuck or want it doing let me know the size of the banner and I can knock up a colapseable frame up for the banner no problem.
Delmastiff
Astra Messiah
Astra Messiah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G1C wrote:
If you get stuck or want it doing let me know the size of the banner and I can knock up a colapseable frame up for the banner no problem.

Top man big grin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show plates smile

Jacko
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt wrote:
Keep the ideas coming.

Jacko, investigate how much the shirst would be and let me know. We can sort out design colour when we know a price.

will do...

Not going to do much about it till after i've moved house tho mate if you don't mind? Finding it difficult to think about much else at the moment and its starting to really stress me out! frown

hopefully i'll be sorted by the weekend....otherwise im out on me ear! Confused

Delmastiff
Astra Messiah
Astra Messiah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After chatting to Glenn a while ago, I gave the logo to a T shirt place next to my work. He was gonna quote on doing proper embroidered logo's, Glenn even sent me a template to give him so I will chase the guy up tomorrow
Rallyslag

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really would like Short sleeved shirts....

Not to worry if I can have a copy of the logo I can get one made no probs wink

Jacko
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason wrote:
Really would like Short sleeved shirts....

Not to worry if I can have a copy of the logo I can get one made no probs wink

Yeah, T shirts and Polos would be best me thinks. As said me one of me earlier you numpty! retard

Jason
Rallyslag

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A t-shirt is made from cotton and has no frontal button up and no collar, a polo shirt is the same as a t-shirt with a collar and 3 button to the frontal aspect...

A short sleeved shirt is a shirt, with short sleeves and fully unbuttons down the front.

As we on the same wavelength now comrade? laughing

Jason
Rallyslag

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason wrote:
A t-shirt is made from cotton and has no frontal button up and no collar, a polo shirt is the same as a t-shirt with a collar and 3 button to the frontal aspect...

A short sleeved shirt is a shirt, with short sleeves and fully unbuttons down the front.

Are we on the same wavelength now comrade? laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Events Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: