VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
1984 1.6 MK1 SR Red Astra for Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Cars For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lindsay
Astra Newbie
Astra Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: 1984 1.6 MK1 SR Red Astra for Sale
03 Aug 2006

Hi Everyone,

I've been browsing this site for a couple of days and didn't realise so many members were into their Astras - and as I've rarely seen one like mine on the roads, I thought it was only me that was driving such an old car!

However, for a number of reasons the time has finally come to sadly sell it on, so here's the spec:

All original including Recaro seats and comes with original Tool Box
Mileage 52,781 - one previous owner (father in law - oil waxed from new)
In good, reasonably sound running order and was used by me daily until May 06
All original documentation
Currently on a SORN

Tax and MOT were allowed to expire at the end of May due to a family illness which meant I had to get another car quickly for daily, 100 mile round trips and didn't have time to wait whilst this one was garaged.

To get it through an MOT it would need a few bits and pieces doing including a new rear damper, the rear windscreen wiper gave up in April, part of the rear red plastic fog cover is broken and the original radio/cassette doesn't work. It needs someone with the time and tools to fiddle and fettle with it.

Other than that it's been running fine. The engine, bodywork and wheels are all original and it's not an old rust bucket - but the bodywork probably needs a good polish! It's been my primary car and a good old work horse, and has got me through the past 5/6 winters without calling out the RAC!

I never thought to take pictures of the interior or engine (which is probably the first thing you lot would have done), but I can confirm all the Recaro seating back and front is neither torn, ripped or stained, the car has never been roughly used or thrashed about. Everything on the dash is original and it's not been modified for power steering.

The engine is completely standard as bought but dirty - it's not been steam-cleaned for rally/show purposes - it's been an everyday working car. The only addition is an electric fuel pump amd adjustments to the door locks for security reasons. I'm not sure what else I can add, but I'll throw in a couple of red and black roof bars and it still has half a tank of petrol!

It's a rare little car and I'm not in any great hurry to just give it away, but would be looking for something in the region of £750.

If anyone is interested inf any further info, please either PM or send an e-mail. I have another 6/7 photos but will only be able to e-mail these as an attachment, it took a work colleague long enough to get one on!

I'm using a work's computer so can only respond between 10am and 6.30pm

Cheers, Lindsay (based central-ish Manchester)

http://images14.fotki.com/v20/photos/4/43296/3383371/Assorted029-vi.jpg?500375[/url]
http://images18.fotki.com/v339/photos/4/43296/3383371/Assorted025-vi.jpg?500375
madads
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I have been after a mk 1 for some time now and yours looks like it could be what I'm after? is there any chance i could arange to come and look at it?

I live in west yorkshire so I'm only about an hour away from manchester and if we come to some arangement I could pay in cash as well wink

Seen as your using works computer you could ring me about th eabove on

Adam: 07709 320 982

Or Email me at : adzsykes1@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers

Adz

Owns MK1 Astra, Pug 306
View user's profile Send private message View user's gallery Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
VERNON
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: MK 1 SR Reply with quote

SOLD TO ME A STUNNING EXAMPLE OF AN SR COMPLETE WITH TOOKIT A VERY WELL LOOKED AFTER MOTOR A CREIT TO LYNDSAY AND HER FATHER
dano
Astra Addict
Astra Addict

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done mate ...great to see ...
VERNON
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: MK1 Reply with quote

CHEERS HAD 7 GTE S NICE TO FIND A REAL SOLID 23 YEAR OLD BEAUTY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Cars For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: