VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
mark1astramads gte

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Projects & Restorations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mk1astramad
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: mark1astramads gte Reply with quote

http://www.mk1oc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4966

that was the old car that got sent away for a respray......honest hofficer laughing

heres my new baby.
more to follow 2morro nite big grin

i bought her off mark barr(nunueatonmk1) in march as a 1300s.....whuch was suprisingly quick considering,but i thiught i had money sat in the gearbox(f10 4spd) so i took the engine and box out having already bought a c20let big grin

end of april,i took the car off the road,and there it stayed until early last week,when it got picked up to go to vernons to have the guts dropped in big grin

whilst the car was off the road,i had the wedding and honeymoon,so not a lot got done,but as soon as i got back,i fitted my newly aquired sr recaro raven interior to replace the gte,just 2 be different big grin

i also sent my gte front legs and fuel tank to the powder coaters for a freshen up

then some little twat decided to make their mark on the car whilst i was in bed one night...jealous twats mad

luckily vernons mate is a painter and he said he can do the bits i need doing for a blowjob eek but im sureit will be worth it laughing

the whole job got held up due to having no bloody mk1 engine mounts.....after all te bloody cars ive had and stripped d'oh!
but with A BIG THANKS TO CHRIS HARDEN,i managed to get the engine and gearbox mounted in place this afternoon

and the rest of the evening was spent looking after the kids.....honest love big grin ,nah,i rebuilt the front legs ready for fitting tomorrow,they just need tightening as i only had 1 set of mole grips mad

quick update big grin

been slacking for months now mad ..i got married in may,honey moon in june,shows in july,then had housefire in august...so nothing got done.
september 4th,ordered a brand new set of spax psx suspension as the prevoius springs were causing serious problems...i couldnt turn the wheel out of the wing it was that low Shocked

11 weeks later,the kit arrives after along and disappointing wait,only to find that the front springs were parellel and not pigtail mad ...so ive had to wait another 11 weeks for the correct springs to turn up mad

just after christmas i bouught a set of compo MO's for my baby,a set of BRAND NEW top mounts courtesy of matt,a polished rocker cover and sparkplug cover,a set of 288 calipers and discs and a set of goodridge hoses

the compos were chipped

so i took them to the powder coaters for a freshen up...now they look like this

NEED TO UPLOAD PICS laughing

then tonight ive just fitted my new springs to the legs,after having new bearings fitted,and then finished off with the brand new top mounts big grin

im going to be fitting the new wishbones,drop links,calipers,track rod ends and connector bars on monday,if i get time,ill fit the gte lcd dash,and try and fit the euro console...just waiting for some more guages big grin
then the next job is to fit the rear shocks and springs,handbrake cable and new brakelines and hoses
then flush the engine,top up with fresh oil,and fingers crossed have a running gte turbo big grin big grin

Last edited by mk1astramad on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:22 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mk1astramad
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well its been a slow few months,since my last update ive moved house AGAIN,set the garage up and got the car brought up here so i can work on her as and when i want big grin

basically as i write,the cars ready for MOT,but on test drive yesterday there was a rumbling on the front end,got back in the garage and the cv boots have split on both sides probably caught on the a frame when i brougt her from vernons.

so tonite i got the car on axle stands to replace the boots to notice that my hub was away from my strut...7mm to be exact and the movement in the wheel was unbelievable....THEY ARE BRAND f**king NEW Shocked

so ive knocked them out and gonna get a new pair tomorrow.

pics will be uploaded tomoz i canny be arsed right now laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mk1astramad
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well,she WAS ready for mot,but ive decided to drop the engine again Shocked

she needs new c.v boots,so bought boots for both ends of the the shafts, also im gonna swop the gearbox aswell seeing as vernon has a mk2 breaking.

the gearbox in the car now was in my mk3 gsi,but its speedo reads off the abs....i aint got abs,so rather than pissing round trying to make mine work with a bodged job im gonna swop it for a proper cable driven box to run my speedo.

whilst the engine is out,im gonna wash all the hoses out as the head gasket has gone at some point and all the hoses are gunked up with sh$t, just hope the wife dont go to use the dishwasher laughing

also,seeing as the cars been in the garage for 12mths and got rammy,im gonna take advantage of an empty bay and get it cleaned up as much as i can to make her look nice and shiney.

the block,box and all mounts will be stripped down and given a fresh coat of paint to make her look a little bit more loved big grin

im just uploading all my pics on fotobucket,so once they are done,ill add them to the mk1 folder and stick the link up for all the pics...cant be arsed copying and pasting all of them big grin
mk1astramad
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

piccy link

http://photobucket.com/stueys-astragte

big grin big grin big grin big grin
mk1astramad
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

went down to the barn today and what a sorry state she is un frown

if i can manage to get away from the wife an kids tomorrow im gonna go back down and sort the barn out as all my parts are launched all over the place....keep an eye out for a HUGE listing in the for sale section
mk1astramad
Astra Demon
Astra Demon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS IS WHAT IM AIMING FOR big grin big grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Projects & Restorations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: