VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
mk1 mad outings idea for next year please!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Events Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark1GTE
wee mark
<font color=#FF8000>wee mark</font>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: mk1 mad outings idea for next year please! Reply with quote

any one fancy doing something a bit different next year with our club and cars,this year a few guys went to nurburgring in germany for a weekend and i thought we could take some mad suggestions for a sort of jolly boys outing and plan ahead for it,so put your ideas down here and possible dates say maybe easter time 2006,my idea is a lands end to john o`groats run with the mk1`s that way we will pass by as many members areas as possible and could have a few meets on the way with mk1 members who can`t do the full run,camping or staying in travel lodges and getting totally bladdered at night big grin
Suicide
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nurburgring is definately on the cards for next year
Mark1GTE
wee mark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great hopefully it will be planned at a time that will hopefully suit more of us better this time round and more will go as i`d love to do it.i still fancy getting something organised that`s a bit different in the u.k for members to do prior to show season that will suit the majority of the members to try and attend,any ideas?
GTE Newbie
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By then I should have my car looking and driving well and even some spare cash! Ill be up for both suggestions so far and will have a think for other ideas....
Nrj
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im looking at going to treffen show (or what ever its called -the big belgium one) next year so that could be an idea.

Defo nurburg' next year as well.

Why not mk1oc camping week/end?????

Chris_Harden
Astra Old Hand
Astra Old Hand

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the Opel treffen in Russelheim in August next year, Loads of Uk Mk1's will blow their minds!

Chris.

Move over!!! Mk1 Astra Turbo's DO own the road! Now out of my way before you become road kill! big grin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View user's gallery Visit poster's website
Mark1GTE
wee mark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

find out the dates m8 as i`m really up for doing rally day at castle combe next year with GTM as they take alot of old works cars there etc so i don`t want it to clash but if it doesn`t i could be up for that,i`m still wanting to do something pre show season say easter time to gee every one up for the upcoming shows after a long winter break,any more ideas?
Suicide
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the ever popular christmas meet (it's alot of fun, specially if Jacko tries a little post drink offroading again)

There's always the option of meeting up at one of the drag strips, allowing club members to set their cars up before the season starts, whilst chatting etc (possible overnight thing)

And Mark, I may be able to sort out a forest stage down near me if you're feeling brave and the meet is at Pod

Shouldn't this be in events chat btw?
Mark1GTE
wee mark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i`ve moved it.

rally stage sounds good steve hence why i want to do rally day at castle combe next year as it has a purpose built stage for the show big grin

xmas do is hard for me to get to as it`s my busiest month of the year for the taxis Sad
Suicide
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a chat with a mate of mine who runs a farm with some woodland n see what he says
Raz
Ex. MK1 Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldnt it be a good idea to run the ieas past the EVENTS ORGANISER, or is the aim to tottaly alienate him aswell?
GTE Newbie
Astra Enthusiast
Astra Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think were just throwing ideas about, see what people would be up for?
Mark1GTE
wee mark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raz wrote:
Wouldnt it be a good idea to run the ieas past the EVENTS ORGANISER, or is the aim to tottaly alienate him aswell?

raz i don`t know you and you don`t know me as you walked straight past me at billing without so much as a hello or "hi i`m alan" and i didn`t introduce myself as it is ignorant to interupt someone who is talking so i waited until you stopped but then you just shot off,anyway anytime you come on here you always seem to have some snidey comment to say and up until now they`ve never been aimed in my direction so i`ve kept my nose out of something that isn`t my business,but this time you`ve made it my business,how am i "alienating matt by throwing a few ideas about for suggestions and possible dates? once we get to the stage of an idea that`s concrete then we approach matt for his organizational skills should he wish to take it on and if he doesn`t back to the drawing board throwing a few more ideas about the pot,so please engage the brain before commenting and gaining yourself more enemies on here especially as you have taken alot to do with the running of the club in the past it would have been more proffesional to use a pm with your thoughts instead of a public thought on something that you`ve probably no intention of attending or any other mk1 meet for that matter,so is this aimed at more disharmony in the club or what?,i`m a pretty decent bloke and like to think i don`t go around getting peoples backs up and i did also think you and i had no issues with each other as we`ve had no reason to have fallen out but comments like that aren`t needed on a small friendly club when all i`m trying to do is find an idea for a bit of fun next year after the winter break that will gee everyones spirits up before show season and help encourage a spirit of community and have some good attendances at shows and not stepping on matts toes but helping him as a fellow organiser to try and find ideas for things to do as a club.
Raz
Ex. MK1 Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grow up!

Friendly club???

Yeah right...

At the end of the day, all events should be run past the organiser before they go on the public forum, if not, then whats the need to have one.

Suicide
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, to have someone who can do some quality organising once ideas are up and proving popular at a guess.

Matt is the man we turn to to see if these ideas will work, I think he also has pretty much final say so on these issues.

What's the point in looking at arranging something if you don't do your research to establish if a need is there? Course that's just good buisness sense. First the idea, then the market research, then the feasibility study

Yanno, sometimes I do make a good point
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Events Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: