VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
anyone clued up on subaru`s ? advice please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Non-Astra Related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark1GTE
wee mark
<font color=#FF8000>wee mark</font>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: anyone clued up on subaru`s ? advice please Reply with quote

i`ve spotted a car going through an auction i want to go and view but i have a feeling it is a special edition,the auction has it listed as just an impreza wrx but i think it might be a impreza wrx 300 ppp but i`m not clued up enough on these to know for deffo Confused can anyone who know`s subaru`s please confirm or deny this for me before i possibly bid on it

the only photo i have

now under the side repeater it does look like it may have a 300 emblem fitted like these ebay listing ones below have and also the front bumper,wheels and seats look the same as these i found on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280436702010&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250555914231&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280458664845&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

once i view the car i can check for the 300 emblems etc i`m just wanting to know for deffo before i travel

lastly if anyone is clued up is it a good car or should i go for a 2006/07 2.5 wrx instead of the 2.0 in this? and will it be better than a 280 bhp vectra vxr which i am also considering just now? although i am prefering the 2005 subaru due to cheaper road tax big grin

i know i`m asking alot but if you are clued up could you put a value on this car it`s got 41,000 miles and full service history?

thankyou in advance Very Happy

some info i`ve already found on the net if it is a wrx 300 ppp Confused

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/2317/Subaru-Impreza-WRX-300.html

WRX 300 (2005)
300 vehicles limited to the UK market were sold with Blue Mica exterior paint, 17" gold alloy wheels with 215/45 tyres, Subaru World Rally Team branded front bucket seats, a 5-speed manual transmission and the Prodrive Performance Package (PPP) all as standard equipment. The Performance Package increased power to 265 PS and 348 Nm torque and equipped the car with a 0-60 time of 4.9 seconds and a maximum speed of 151 mph (243 km/h). 12 months' free subscription to RAC Trackstar was included in the basic on the road price of £21495.00 (approx. $31800). Considering that the total on the road price of the standard non-limited edition Prodrive Performance Pack equipped Impreza WRX was £21900.00, the WRX 300 represented very good value for money. Optional extras included a 18" P-FF7 wheel and tyre package, a Prodrive brake upgrade (front brakes only), a sports suspension upgrade and a special edition rear spoiler.
tuffty
Astra Expert
Astra Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2.0 is a tried and tested engine, the 2.5 seems to be a bit of a headache especially for tuners.
In a straight line the vectra should eat it with the extra power and now 4wd to pull along, but it's all about the twisties and putting a grin on your face with the subaru.
I wouldn't get too excited about special editions, subaru seem to have special editions of special editions, think their more of a marketing thing than anything else, although prodrive suspension and tuning bits are always a good selling point.

wee mark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Very Happy

special editions of special editions made me chuckle laughing

it caught my eye as it i think it has been listed wrong by the auction so therefore will be wrong with their CAP values etc to hopefully so i`m hoping for a special edition of a special edition at basic wrx money maybe laughing Wink will see what happens when i go to the auction and see how many traders actually clock it for what it really is Wink and if they don`t a possible bargain maybe Confused
Jon_Kadett
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only way you can decide between the vec vxr and the subaru is what you need the car for.

the vectras a lovly fast comfy cruiser and they do handle really well (which youll know about running them as taxis).

the subaru is a noisey, harsh, old fasioned(in a good way) and good fun.

id have the vectra. smile (and keep the mk1 for a bit of old school fun)

Mark1GTE
wee mark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a weekend toy for a bit of a laugh that`s all i`ve got plenty of dailys,maybe the odd drive up round loch lomond etc enjoying the twisty roads big grin

don`t want a lead balloon value wise though or something really hard to sell once i`m bored or need the cash back for another daft idea laughing

don`t want my mk1`s anymore,been there done that for too long,i think i want a turnkey modern fun car for a wee while
Jon_Kadett
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twisty roads, your best off with the bru. but dont you dare buy a subaru jacket!!!!
Mark1GTE
wee mark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got loads more info on it this morning

firstly subaru has confirmed from it`s number plate that it is a wrx 300 and deffo has the prodrive upgrades cool so i guessed right big grin

it`s coming in trade value wise ( although the auction provided these so most likely basic wrx values Confused )

CAP clean £7475
CAP average £7050
GLASSES trade £7350
and webuyanyjunk offered £7000 for it when i ran it through their system

it`s had 2 owners
41,000 miles
4 stamps in the service book
mot until end of november 2010

deffo going to have a punt on it i think big grin only problem is most cars are going over CAP clean at auction lately but not all so just gotta see if i get lucky or i`ll move on to the next car Sad

any advice on what to check over on this gratefully recieved Very Happy also private sale values ?

this is going through aswell cool

MITSUBISHI RALLIART 2.0 EVOLUTION VIII FQ-340 MR, 4 Doors, Saloon, Petrol, Manual Transmission, Registered 17-06-2004
Catalogue: Edinburgh, 11-02-2010 00:00, UK Car Group | Lot: Not Available

Registration WX04KVV
Lot
Registered 17-06-2004
Colour GREY
Mileage 47,355
Equipment * Service History * - 11 stamps @ 35k 29/01/09 ABS Air Conditioning Alarm Alloy Wheels Compact Disc Player Drivers Airbag Electric Windows Half Leather Seats Passenger Airbag Power Assisted Steering Stereo
Location Edinburgh

but that`ll be more than i wanna spend on a toy just now Sad anybody wanna buy my mk1`s big grin
Suicide
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evos hold their money well, better than Scoobys, but you can't argue with the Prodrive kit (know a guy who used to do a lot of testing and it is good). As for the 2.5, it's more or less the engine they had in the P1 and it's the one the american guys have been using for years.

For scottish roads you want the scooby or evo as they don't feel quite as barge like as the veccy which is a bigger car. Plus you can get them adapted to rwd and just go nuts
Mark1GTE
wee mark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers steve thumbsup

i like the fact it`s a middle of the road compromise between the wrx and the sti,i don`t want rattle your teeth out suspension like the sti has but i also don`t want it to be too slow either with rubbish road holding and i can`t stand those shopping trolley type rear wings the sti has either, i think this one ticks the right boxes for a bit of B road twisty fun with sure footed 4wd and 265 bhp on tap but can be civilised enough for the wife to go shopping in and is a bit more subtle looks wise too cool

deffo going to see it and the wife has gave it the thumbs up after i showed her the interior it`s got which she quite likes thumbsup

all depends on how much others want it at the aution if it`s a realistic price i`ll have a punt if it goes silly i`ll move on to another car Confused still hoping though most won`t know what it really is i.e the prodrive upgrades etc so i might get lucky Confused

fingers crossed smile
Suicide
Astra Legend
Astra Legend

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a giveaway badge on either side of the spoiler too, they cost a fortune to replace (for what they are)
Mark1GTE
wee mark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn`t get it Sad

i bid back and forth with another guy from £6500 to £8000 and i nearly had it a couple of times especially at £7600 where it went once then twice and then the bugger bid again and then someone else also joined the bidding mad i finally gave up at £8000 due to a few niggles the car had and also the fact i know where 2 other identical cars are one at £8250 with 41,000 miles the other at £8600 with 24,000 miles both with tax already ( aberdeen & yorkshire don`t know if i`ll view them yet due to distance )

it finally sold for £8300 so with fee`s,premium etc came out the door at £8750 which was to much considering it still needs road taxed and one or two niggles seen too

sounded lovely though even ticking over it just purrrred lol cool

so moving on and see what next week throws up Confused

if this wasn`t the other end of the world i think i`d deffo be viewing it Sad

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1458110.htm

couple of pics i took with my phone before it went through the rostrum

SPYK
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mark , i had a 05 sti type uk 265 wr blue totally standard got it aug 07 n wrote it off on way to work thursday 19th nov in the heay floods Crying or Very sad awsome cars that was my 2nd one 1st one was 52 wrx wr blue .inbetween i had 06 final edition civic type r puker 5 month i suffered it then back to the subaru .
STE WHELAN
Astra Addict
Astra Addict

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mate i owned a 340 bhp scooby best fun ever and reliable to but wen they go wrong it gets messy i melted 3 pistons on mine there heavy on clutches and fuel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Non-Astra Related All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: