VAUXHALL ASTRA GTE MK1 CAR PERFORMANCE SPORTS TURBO
www.mk1oc.com
Google
AlbumAlbum  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 MapMap  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MK1OC Club
Shop Contact MK1OC by Email

:: best viewed @ 1024 x 768 :.

Calendar 
My e21 on Twin 40's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Cars For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonSanders
Astra Craftsman
Astra Craftsman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: My e21 on Twin 40's Reply with quote

BMW e21 1983 Henna Red For Sale
I will try to give an honest description of this car and if anybody has any questions please just email me and I will do my best to answer them.
The car is in average condition for its age and at some point recently has been repainted in its original Henna Red,
It has spent 17 years in Spain this has some good points and bad points the good point is apart from the bonnet the car is almost rust free, for a 25 year old car it is almost remarkable how clean the car is, the number plates are from a Spanish garage.
Just reached the 69,000 mile mark.
The bad point is that the interior has suffered from sun damage the dash has some cracks on it and the fabric on the back seat had perished they have been removed them and recovered them with black material that is a close match to the front seats.
The front seats have been replaced with reclining bucket seats, they do fold to allow access to the back seats.
Previous owner said the wheels are of an e30 as the original e21 wheels were stolen whilst off the car the front wheels are on 20mm eibach spacers which give a wider front track and better turn in.
The braking has been upgraded by using the vented front disc and wider caliper set up from a 323i, new discs and pads were used and one caliper was replaced with a reconditioned item.
The car has also been lowered all round with springs ordered from Germany.
The front bumper is a BBS one.
The car also has bronze tinted windows all the way round (except I think the front windscreen.)
Brand new chrome trims fitted front and back.
Brand new clear indicator lenses and fittings from Germany.
The Twin 40 carbs (dellorto DHLAs) have been set up by a local tuner called AP Motors, I have no idea what power the car is producing as they didn’t give a read out but I guess it is significantly more powerful than the standard 1.8 car. This cost £270 just before Christmas 07.
At the same time that the carbs were set up they made a link rod for both carbs, I had a new choke cable fitted, and a new throttle cable.
In the last few months a Cobra Immobiliser has been fitted at the cost of £100.
Also new radiator core made and fitted.
New water pump & Thermostat.
The clutch was changed less than a thousand miles ago but there are a few things that will need a little attention the hazard light switch may need replacing also the heater blowers do not work I have traced this back to a the motor which is seized also the heater will not turn fully to cold this can be fixed by adjusting the heater valve.
Car comes with a Raid steering wheel fitted to car.
The car starts every time but it is on twin 40's so its not the smoothest from cold, as soon as the car has been driven for a couple of minutes you can turn the choke off and it runs fine. There are no nasty noises and it does not smoke at all. The car is overall in very good condition but is 25 years old and does have the odd mark on, stone chips etc.
The car is an excellent example of a now rare e21, it has never been welded and
Also included in the sale are various interior items, standard steering wheel, workshop manual and other items.
Any questions please email if you wish to come and see the car send me your phone number and I will call to arrange a time to meet.
Car comes with 6 months tax, and 12 months MOT

Looking for £1800 ono

http://www.vags.co.uk/images/e21/1.jpg
http://www.vags.co.uk/images/e21/6.jpg
http://www.vags.co.uk/images/e21/11.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MK1 Astra Owners Club Forum Index -> Cars For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: